☾Au!☽ Reader x Levi x Petra [5]

Unrequited Love

R e a d e r

"Hello, Ackerman.

I know you've probably read thousands of these, which I don't doubt if you really do. I just want you to notice me, again. That's all I'm asking for. We could be friends, you don't need to worry about me bothering you at all! I could really be a great friend.

But the thing is, I've always fancied you. You and your traits are perfect to me, and if some people think it isn't, then they're jerks. I really hope you feel the same way. If you do, please write back! x

I hope you get this, or even bother to read it! And I hope I'm not annoying you.
XOXO,
[name]"

I re-read and reviewed the letter for the nth time. I want it to be perfect for Levi.

Today's the day that I'll give it. I don't know if I can do it face-to-face but I'll try. If not, then I might just leave it in his locker. I definitely don't want anyone else to give it to him. It will be awkward. Besides, I've always been a loner so I guess people would freak out if I ever talk to them.

Having a very lonely life sucks, and I mean it. I've always liked the idea of making and having friends, but none approach me at all. The only friend, or as close to being a friend I had was Levi. We only had a few minutes of talking to each other, particularly in french class. I was assigned to be his partner and for the first time in my life, Someone didn't act like they're gonna throw up just talking to me. He's not really nice, but compared to all the people I've encountered, he's might as well the nicest I've ever been with. His way of talking to people amuses me, even though it's actually being rude. It's just like he doesn't really give a damn about life. I admire him so much.

Now, it's Lunch time and I'm debating with myself whether or not I should give this stupid letter face-to-face. Okay, I really have decided to give it to him face-to-face. I just miss being close to him again. After our assigned task, we never got to talk or get near each other again, So I took this chance to see him.

There it is, I can tell that it's him even if he's facing the other direction. It's his height and perfectly fixed hair, and un-wrinkled polo. He always has a cravat, and none of the teachers dared to make him take it off.

"H-hey, Levi!" I started. I regret this already, I'm stuttering!

"What do you need?" He faced me and asked. Oh my god, he's near me! I can see his face clearly again! It's flawless, ohh it makes me want to caress it all day long! Too bad I can't.

"Oh, I just wanted to-" My sentence got cut off by a sweet greeting from a girl. It was Petra.

"Hey! How's your day, love?" When those last two words came out of her mouth, My heart crushed. In that moment, I forgot how to function as a normal human being. I forgot how to speak, to walk, or to even cry. I was quiet.

Her hand was on his back while his hand snaked onto her waist. It made my heart even more crushed.

"I'm fine. [name], you were saying?" Levi asked and I blinked rapidly, unable to think of what to say in front of her girlfriend, which I never knew he had.

"O-oh.. um since you were my partner before at french class. I-I just wanted to.. b-borrow, yes! Borrow your notes, If you allow me to." I stuttered, using every ounce of strength I have to stop my urge to cry out loud.

"Just make sure it still looks like that when you return it to me. I better not see any crease or dirt in there." He took his bag and handed me the notes. I didn't actually need it, it was just a save from getting humiliated and rejected.