Levi x Captain!Reader | Number one Ally [30]

(A/N: Idk why but I'm always in the mood to write during night time and then end up sleeping at either 3AM or 6:AM... there's no in between!)

Not so bad after all

Levi's POV

No matter how much I understood what Erwin had explained to me, I still couldn't fully accept the fact that Isabel and Farlan died. If only I did my job sooner, or perhaps stayed by their side.

It had been months since they passed away and I was under the squad of (Y/N), whom people call their Captain. Everyone's just overacting about how good she was in battle. Tch, I bet I'm better than anyone.

"Ackerman, it's time for training." A familiar voice said, and I knew exactly who it was. Her voice was fine but it still annoyed me. I turned to face her, wordlessly telling her that I don't need to train.

"C'mon, we don't have all damn day. Don't make me drag you there." She said and I chuckled at her. She didn't seem to mind that I did, so I just followed her. Not that I want to train.

"I know how good you are." She said as she glanced at me. "But that doesn't mean you're the best."

"And you are?" I raised my brow.

"Possibly." I clicked my tongue at her response. She thinks so highly of herself just because of her title.

"Then let us see." We finally reached the training grounds. I am not here to train, but to prove myself. I can easily knock her out and everyone at once.

She waited for me to do the first move, but I waited for her to do it. She must've sensed it, so she sprinted towards me and I quickly evaded. I grabbed her foot and tried to smash her onto the ground, but instead of that, she managed to flip and punched me. Tch, this is only the beginning.

She threw a series of punches, and so did I. We both dodged the attacks we've been giving each other and it must've looked like we were dancing. This fight is too boring.

I threw another punch that she easily blocked, but she didn't expect another quick punch. After a few punches, I managed to kick her, and she stumbled. She quickly regained her strength and surprisingly grabbed my head with her thighs and I couldn't move. I tried to get her off of me, but I couldn't. I was running out of breath since her fucking thighs were covering my face. I couldn't lose to her.

She loosened her grip and knocked at my head three times. I gritted my teeth. She's just in luck today.

"Really, Ackerman? I didn't even feel anything from that short boring fight. You obviously need more training." She gracefully wiped the beads of sweat that were pooling on her forehead. She offered me her hand, but I didn't take it. No way in hell.

I shrugged off the dust away from my body, ignoring her stare.

"You should learn how to obey your superiors, Levi." She said.

"Who told you to call me that?" I raised my voice at her.

"And who told you to talk to me in that way? Run laps, now." She ordered me. I clicked my tongue as I walked away from her. She's not the boss of me.

"Don't you dare take another step, Ackerman. I warn you." She almost shouted. I wasn't afraid. Hell, I didn't even care, but I stopped.