Chapter 6

Skylar's POV (4 Years Later)

I finally graduated from high school and I am currently on my last year of college. Harry and I have been dating for 3 years and its been amazing. McKenzie loves him and is dating one of his friends. 

I'm in my apartment right now going through my papers to turn in tomorrow when I get a notifications from various Twitter users.

@whoahdnt42: @Skysky55 is Shawn Mendes' Ex! Omg she goes to my school!

@ThotThotHotTot8: OMG she's beautiful, why did they break up?!

I was very confused and kept searching through to see a picture that Shawn posted of the both of us with the caption.

"Missing this girl everyday @Skysky55."

I felt my heart tighten as I looked at the picture from middle school. It was of him and I standing in front of each other with our noses touching as we looked each other in the eyes.

I didn't realize how long I was looking at it until I heard Harry come up behind me.

"Hey babe, whatcha lookin at?" he asks looking over my shoulder and seeing the picture of Shawn and I.

"Oh..." He said angrily

I told Harry a long time ago that Shawn and I dated and it never really sat well with him. Harry was pursuing his own music career and knew Shawn personally.

"Why do you have that picture Skylar?" he ran a hand over his face in anger.

"He posted the picture Harry, calm down please." I said as I walked away.

"You aren't seeing him are you?" Harry asked me as he followed me into the kitchen

I was quick to turn around and look at him, "What the hell Harry?! I haven't seen the kid in 4 years. What is up with you? All the time lately you've been questioning me, what is it?!" I yelled starting to get agitated.

Harry let out a breath and walked toward me, "I'm sorry Sky, I don't know what made me ask you that." 

"Well you can figure that out, I have to go meet up with McKenzie." I said before grabbing my purse and my keys.

I got in my car and drove to the mall to meet up with my best friend. When I got there, there was a large crowd of people crowding around the food court.

I didn't think anything of it and went to meet Kenzie at one of the tables.

"Hey girl!" I greeted her with a hug

"Hey!" She replied

We sat down and started talking about her relationship with Liam until we were interrupted by a loud squeal.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh my gosh!" A girl yelled and pointed a finger toward me, "That's Skylar! Shawn's girlfriend!" 

Before I knew it the girls ran over to the table and started asking for pictures.

"Shaaaaaawn! Skylar is over here!" I heard another girl yell

I quickly stood up and tried to get out of there, but the girls made a fence around McKenzie and I forcing us to stay where we were.

A few moments later I was greeted by the face I hadn't seen in a while.

"Hey Sky" He sounded way older

I didn't even respond, I just looked him up and down in awe of his matured body

"Sky are you in there?" he chuckled

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry, yea I'm in here" I said then slapped a hand to my face in embarrassment

"Hey girls can we get a minute alone please? I promise I'll get pictures with every single one of you before I leave."

My heart filled with happiness as I saw him talk to his fans in such a caring way. 

God how I miss him...

Wait no! I'm dating Harry!

"Hey McKenzie!" Shawn greets her.

"Hey Shawn" McKenzie smirks at the both of us and tells me that she'll meet up with me later.

Shawn and I spent our time together talking and catching up on old times.

"I thought you forgot about me Shawn.." I said sadly

"Like I said that night, I could never forget about you..." He touches my hand soothingly, "I still love you Skylar" He says after a moment of silence

"I-" I was interrupted by a loud voice behind me

"SKYLAR?! What the hell?! What are you doing here with him?!" I automatically recognize the voice as Harry

"Oh my god..." I groan and slap a hand to my face. "Harry calm down please, we were just catching up."

"Let's go now Skylar." He yells

"Who are you yelling at though?" I say and turn to Shawn,

"Can you call Casper and see who he's talking to please"

Shawn got up and stood beside me.

"Harry man, calm down. I would never do anything like that to you." Shawn says truthfully

"I don't care, just stay away from her alright?!" He yells again and grabs my arm roughly, causing me to let out a loud yell out of pain.

Shawn instinctively shoves Harry away and holds me behind him.

"Hell no man, now that's what we're not going to do." Shawn says menacingly

Wow this is the first time Shawn has defended me.

"She's gonna go home with me." He says finally and grabs my hand, leading me away.

Wow...

A/N: Wooow this is a pretty long chapter! I hope you guys liked it! 

-Tay