Chapter 1 {Those Emerald Eyes}

Kara's P.O.V
- Why am I nervous to have an interview? I don't know.

This women is the CEO of a giant company and just happens to be a Luthor.

Kal-El said they are evil, but I beg to differ. I'll have to see for myself.

The elevator rises slowly as I silently tap my fingers against my thigh.

My clipboard and pen tightly in-between my arm and side.

The door dinged, and slid open, a women greeted me.

"Are you Ms.Luthor's 12:40 appointment?" Her voice was soft, I nodded, smiling a little.

"Ok, go right in!" I nodded again, saying a slight thank you as I entered the white painted room.

"Hello Ms.Danvers." I locked eyes with the women.

Oh my Rao

My stomach swirled with butterflies. I gulped quietly. "H-Hello Ms.Luthor." I smiled brightly, sitting in the white chair.

"So..." she looked at a piece of paper on her desk-"your here for CatCo?"

I smiled, nodding and pulled the clipboard out from under my arm. "Ms.Grant sent me to ask about your business."

I could have gotten lost in this women's eyes if she didn't look away. "Great! Ask away Ms.Danvers."

"O-Oh, you can call me Kara." I beamed at her and she smiled in return.

That smile.

"Than you can call me Lena." Her smile grew at the comment.

"Okay, so-" I looked down at the paper full of questions, searching for the right one to start with-"What made you start up a company like L-Corp?"

"I wanted to be known by something other than Lex Luthors Sister." I jotted down her answer

"Any upcoming ideas you could give some hints on?" I looked up at her, a smile played on her lips.

Her eyes lingered on mine before turning away.

She turned her chair around, pulling open a drawer and pulling out a mouse shaped device.

"This is a prototype of a alien detector. It scans your finger, and shines green if your human and red if not. This way, we know who's an alien and who isn't."

I cocked my head slightly. "But what if aliens don't want to be outed? Don't they get a choice?" I looked at the women questioningly.

"Well, I think we have the right to know if one of our co-workers is a person from another planet." Her voice was soft, yet demanding at the same time.

I wrote down her answers and asked a few more questions.

--------

"Thank you for your time Ms-Lena." I smiled warmly at the CEO.

"No problem Kara." She paused, looking down and smiling.

She grabbed a note and wrote something on it quickly.

"Here's my number Kara." She handed the slip of paper to me, her hand dragging against my own.

Shocks filled my arm, "T-Thank you Lena." I pulled away slowly, shoving the paper into my jean pocket.

"No problem Kara, text me." Her words seemed like a flirt, but I didn't know.

I beamed at her, eyes locked.

Those emerald eyes

I looked down and than back up, my cheeks heating up a bit.

"Good bye Lena." I shuffled out of the room, waving a good bye to the women who greeted me less than an hour ago.

-------------

I opened the door to my apartment, entering, and closing the door.

I sighed and slid down against the door, I reached for the small paper Lena had given me.

What is this women doing to me?

I unlocked my phone, typing in the number to my texts.

Creating her contact, I texted her.

Is it weird to do it right away?

Noooooo...

Maybe.

I sent a quick, Hey Lena, its Kara, I decided to text you now since I probably would have lost the paper within a few minutes of being home. 😂

Although we just met, I feel like Lena and I are gonna become really good friends. Really.

She responded almost instantly. Hey Kara, good to hear you didn't lose it! I was thinking we could go to lunch tomorrow, just to get to know each other a little more?"

Sounds great! 11:30 good for you? I typed back.

Perfect! See you then!

I smiled at the bright phone and shoved it into my pocket.

I stood up from the wooden floor, and walked over to the couch.

I have rest of the day off, let's binge watch some Vampire Diaries.

----------------

{This chapter is short, but I just wanted to enter the first chapter just to get the book out there! Hope you like the book my dooodz! ✌️}