Chapter 9 {If}

Kara's P.O.V
~2 months later~
- I bounced back and forth on my feet as I punched a punching back I politely asked for. Due to my boredom, I told them it would be good to keep my strength up, human wise, in this cell anyways.

As I round house kicked it, it swung back as I landed. I huffed, my breathe shortened as I was training for a good amount of time.

As I got on my hands and feet in a push up position, lowering myself to the ground and than back up.

Mon-El was doing sit ups next to me, counting under his breathe. "137, 138, 139..." and so on.

On about my 6th push up, I started our conversation after a while of silence.

"You'll like it here...earth, I mean, if we get-"

"We'll get out Kara." Mon-El cut me off, looking over at me after finishing his 150 sit-ups.

I counted in my head as I lowered to the ground again. 27.

"Sure." I mumbled sarcastically, "Anyway, if you want, you could become a hero unless someone else took over my job." I smiled sadly, remembering the times I saved people and helped my sister.

Lena.

It wasn't that I forgot about the girl, it was just, the last memory I had of her was her telling a guy to ditch a movie with her and do god knows what. I have no clue why, she could have just led me on, wanted someone to take her mind off things. Who knows.

"Eh, I could try, I'm not much of superhero type." He grumbled, starting push-ups with me.

42.

"I don't really want to be a hero anymore, with all the things I've done in here, it makes me think I failed everyone out there, I've hurt people, heroes don't hurt people." I rambled, bringing myself up from the ground, just to lower myself once again.

47.

"It's scary." I went on. "We've been here for so long, and it makes me scared that if-when we do get out, its not gonna be the same. You know? I can't see myself go help someone off the ground after an explosion, or stopping a building from toppling over. I haven't touched someone in a nice physical way, since the White Martian. What am I supposed to do? Forget about it?" I finished, pushing up and lowering again, than going back up.

56.

As I got no response from the Daxamite, I knew he sort of agreed, which only made me feel worse, knowing we'd leave this place and never be the same person we used to me.

"Up and at em' aliens." The door bursted open, Zachary, one of the guards who just loved joking with us, entered.

I stood up, turning around and letting them open the gate and cuff me with no struggle.

I eyed the suit that stuck to my body, blood splotches covered it, all the colors were a darker shade thanks to the dirt, my hair wasn't to bad since I ran a fork through it every once in a while from the meals they give us once a day.

I knew my face was dirty, I could feel the filth on it, and if I wasn't an alien, my face would probably have pimples all over it.

As we walked through the doors, shuffling of feet behind me, which I knew was Mon-El and the guards holding him.

The bare grey halls surrounding us, we soon met the square room and sliding doors, which opened in a matter of time.

We stepped into the arena, people cheering around us, waiting for the battle to begin, which only made me cringe.

As the speakers started up and Roulette started talking, my only option was to zone her out, it was the same speech every day, different aliens most of the time.

As the door on the other side slid open, two aliens stepped through, but they looked around, not knowing what was happening, like I was when I first entered this place. They were scrawny guys, rapidly looking around.

They had no chance.

----------------------

As I was thrown back into my cell, my fists red from punching.

Roulette made it a fight to the death, and this had happened many times, the first couple of times I had denied her request, but torturing came soon after, so after a while, I gave in.

You knew me before all this, you know me now, you would be able to spot that I've changed from a mile away.

You could tap me on the shoulder and I'd put you in an arm lock within a second, not touching someone in nice way for so long does things to you.

"Kara-"

"I don't want to talk about it Mon-El." I groaned, jumping to my feet. My fist met the punching bag, stinging my knuckles slightly.

"Kara, you know you had no choice." He was leaning against the bars, fisting them as he looked at me through them.

I punched the bag once more, "I always have a voice Mon-El!" I whipped his way, but soon realized I was fuming and settled down.

I looked down, tears brimmed my eyes, "Everyday." I whispered, looking back up at him. "Everyday, I wish I was dead, the same thought over and over! Because I kill people for other people's pleasure, because of Roulette and-and-" and before I knew it, my knees gave out and I was on the floor, sobbing.

"Kara, Kara, listen, okay, we're gonna get out of here, we-we can escape and we're gonna get out. I promise."