Chapter 3 {You Aren't Perfect}

Kara's P.O.V
- I stood less than 10 feet away from the dead body, screams and yells for help surrounded me.

Zoom?

What happened to Barry?

I stumbled back a few steps, still in shock from the scene that just played before me.

I boosted into the air, the policemen can handle this one, they are the legally protectors of this city.

I soared through the air for a good 30 minutes, my mind clumped up with questions.

Why is Zoom after me now?

Why would he send a man to do his dirty work?

Why even warn me?

I shut my eyes, hoping to air out my mind.

I flew a few blocks before landing on the one place I can get a few words of wisdom from.

I landed onto the large balcony, one foot landing, then the other.

Ms.Grant sat in one of her chairs, legs folded neatly, she glanced at me but didn't say a word.

I took a few steps towards her, but then faced the city, leaning against the stone fence.

It took a few minutes for Ms.Grant to speak, but she did.

"You aren't perfect." Her words were straight forward, and she didn't even look at me.

"You don't know everything, you can't save everyone, you can't protect this entire city." She still didn't look at me.

"You, SuperGirl, you need to understand that." She got up from her seat, walking up next to me, our shoulders nearly touching.

"I know." I stared blankly, but my stomach clenched when I said it, 'cause I knew it was true.

"Did I ever tell you I have a superpower?" She turned her body and locked eyes with mine.

"I can see right through you." She stated, but I knew she wasn't done.

"You were my assistant, now your a reporter, and you have to balance all that weight on your shoulders, while being SuperGirl, now, Kara, you need to chillax. Your trying to be everything at once and we all know that, that is nearly impossible to do. So, take a deep breathe, and calm the hell down."

I looked at her, shock written on my face.

"I-I-Yes Ms.Grant."

I took a step back, smiling a bit.

"Oh and tell James to stop hopping around in that metal suit, he's gonna get himself hurt." She pointed at me and I nodded.

"Will do." I chuckled a bit.

"Now, go save the world...calmly."

I smiled once more before jumping into the air and disappearing into the bright blue sky.
----------------------
I landed in my apartment, to be greeted by Alex and some guy.

I froze and Alex smiled, "Hey Kara, this is Jake, my boyfriend." She stated, like him seeing I was SuperGirl wasn't a problem.

"Ugh, Alex." I slightly nodded my head, signaling to myself, and my suit.

"It's fine, he won't tell anyone." She shrugged at me, than smiled.

I walked towards my room, flashing in and out in my normal wardrobe.

A blue skirt, a light pink button up and a pair of black converse.

I walked back into the room, "So, Kara, were gonna do a double date tonight, seven pm, so bring someone! Like...that James guy or maybe Winn!"