Back For You (Haylor AU)

Introduction-

Taylor's POV

"Zayn Malik is here to see you!" My assistant Pamela announces through the phone.

"Please send him in," I reply a bit distracted.

I close the notebook and take a deep breath. I decided to doodle after preparing for Zayn's arrival. He was one of my most frequent visiting patients. My job was relationship counseling or counseling people who were trying to get closure from their relationships. Sometimes I dealt with people wanting to work up the courage to find new relationships. I guess you could refer to me as the love doctor. I was proud to say that I helped repair relationships, turned the chapter on lost love, and even helped people put themselves back out there.

I have won 'Love Specialist of the Year," for the four consecutive years that I have been in this business. Although this had been the case, I still hadn't found my perfect match at the age of twenty four. Ironic right? I guess the way I saw it was that I didn't need a romantic partner at the moment.

I had gotten out of college with my degree in liberal arts and a minor in psychology but my best friend Selena pulled some strings to get me this position with one of the men that knew her boss. He agreed to train me at this firm and I had a knack when it came to talking to people. As much as I loved my job I really wanted to be a painter or an artist. It had been my dream for as long as I could remember. For now I would just sketch and paint drawings to go along with some of the poems I had written. That was what I was in the middle of before Pamela had sent Zayn into my office for his regular appointment.

"Good afternoon Taylor," Zayn says softly as he walks across the room to sit in his usual spot in the chair in front of my desk. I was looking down so I didn't even hear him slip in.

"How is it going today? Are you feeling better since our last session?" I ask him and give him a concerned look.

"Yeah. I went to work today," He mentions.

"That's good. How is your boss taking things? Have you talked to him about your anxiety?" I question. 

"Yeah, Harry has been super patient with me. He pretty much wants me to try and show up four times a week instead of two or one. He says that we should take baby steps," Zayn tells me.

"So how is it? Are you still having dreams about Rebecca?" I ask him and I notice a change in his body language.

"Yeah. I managed to sleep walk into her garden. I woke up covered in mud," He half laughs.

"It's been a year and a half right?" I ask softly, trying to avoid being intrusive. 

"Yeah. That's when the anxiety started. Good thing Harry is my friend or I would be out on the streets with out a job," He mentions. 

"I know. It's good that you're making progress. I am proud of you Zayn," I say lightly and add a smile. 

"I just need to figure out how to get back out there and find someone. I mean I should move on and fill this emptiness," He sighs. 

"It is a difficult process and you deserve time to mourn but keep going Zayn. It's better that you tell me what you think so I can help you," I say and begin digging in my desk drawer. 

"You see this," I say after a moment a hold up one of my empty sketch books that I bought the day before yesterday. 

"Yeah," He replies.

"I want you to take it and draw how you feel. Don't hesitate to put anything in there and do not rip out any of the pages or cross anything out. I know you're an amazing artist so I need you to do this. Alright?" I instruct.

"Okay," He replies after a moment of hesitation.

"Bring it back to me on your next appointment so I can go through it and we can talk about your work," I command.

"Sounds good to me. Oh and my boss wants to know if he can come for some of your services. He says hes having a hard time as well," He mentions as he is about to leave my office.

"Sure thing. You said his name is Harry?" I ask.

"Yes. He says he wanted to call you sometime this week," He adds.

"My schedule is slow next week so he should be able to get in then or the week after that," I pass along the information.

" Thanks... I'll see you later," Zayn says. He was such a sweet guy.

"Bye now," I reply and as soon as I look up Zayn has slipped quietly out of the room.

I wait for my next appointment by pulling out my notebook and continuing the next doodle. I had to admit that I wrote things down about my past relationship experiences. I was secretive when it came to my own love life. I refused to reveal it or the things I've been through to anyone. Mostly because last time I got my heartbroken. In fact it was by a boy named Harry, this couldn't be the same one could it?

"Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right" 

This was one of the lines I had scrawled across a silhouette of a couple holding hands. Before I knew it Pamela was paging me again and I had to put my sketch book and pencils back into my desk drawer.

So I am posting a preview to my next project and I hope you all liked it! I am so excited to start this and I had to post the preview :) Thank you so much for reading this and votes and comments would be so nice. I really want your feedback. I hope to update this once Ashes is finished but I just had to get the preview out and share it with all of you lovlies! I also need a cover for this so if you have any ideas or want to submit one just let me know by posting on my message board, private messaging me, or by simply leaving a comment. So there you have it! I really do hope you guys really like it.

Jan 10 2017- Hello Everyone! I decided to make edits to this story as well, I want to make your experience reading this a lot better by cleaning up improper grammar and spelling mistakes. So no drastic changes will occur :) Enjoy!!