Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Taylor's POV

There was not one answer from Harry. No matter how many times in the last week he would still refuse to take any of my calls or recieve any of my texts. Most times he would ignore them or just send me straight to voicemail. Other times he must have completely turned his phone off because it wouldn't even ring. The only thing I ever heard from his end of the line was:

"Hello this is Harry Styles, please leave your message after the tone and I wlill get back to you as soon as I can!"

It was starting to become tidious and annoying but of course I would leave a message or just hang up and try again. foolishly hoping that he would pick up. Everytime he didn't I would just sigh or breakdown into a fit of tears depending on the day.

When I would finally hear my phone ring I would jump to find it no matter where I was in hopes of it being Harry. But most of the time it was Austin, James, Niall, or Selena. I mostly ignored Niall and Selena and let James go as soon as I could. I still had to keep a business like relationship with him until the fashion show was over. Austin mostly called about Carrie and knew I didn't want to discuss the Harry situation. But most of the time besides work I tried every reason to stay home. I didn't really have motivation to do anything.

I was suppose to watch Carrie today but it was going to be difficult with out Harry at my side. He always the one who knew how to put a smile on that little girl's face. I knew I wasn't a terrible aunt but Harry was her new found friend and she enjoyed having him in her life. The though of dissapointing her was causing me stress but in the end I knew she was a smart enough seven year to see that Harry was going to have to take a break from seeing her once and a while.

While I was waiting I was doing chores around the house. My phone began to ring and I practically slipped on my hardwood floor to run into the dining room. In the back of my mind I knew it wasn't Harry but I had to give myself hope. But it was James. I needed to tell him how I felt about Harry but I didn't have it in me yet. I answer it and put on my fake happiness voice like I had been putting up in public.

"Hello," I answer.

"Hey Taylor, are you busy tonight?' He asks.

"I am actually, I have to babysit Carrie," I reply.

"Oh that's fine, I just wanted to talk,' He replies.

"Well we can have lunch later this week, before next Saturday," I reply.

"Sounds good, I might give you a call sometime before then so we can confirm plans,' He says.

"Alright, I have to go get Carrie. Talk to you soon,' I respond and then we hang up.

I'll have this dinner Wednesday night and tell James how I really feel. Saturday was the fashion show and I needed to show Harry that I was done talking to James. Letting James down couldn't possibly hurt more than my newfound love for Harry. I loved Harry and the void be left had been unbearable. I know Harry won't show up to his final appointment Thursday, so Saturday was my final time to prove something to him.

I decide it was time to go and get Carrie before Austin calls me worried that he might be late for his meeting.

The drive there is slow and I want to just get back to my apartment so Carrie and I could have a quiet evening alone like in the old days. I am driving very cautiously until I make it to my brother's house.

"There you are! How are you sis?" Austin asks as he opens the door.

"I'm fine, just stressed. I have a lot to do," I reply.