Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Taylor's POV

As soon as I get home I check my mailbox and then head up to my apartment. I unlock the door and drop my bag and keys on the coffee table. I have five more letter from arts schools enclosed with scholarship offers. I toss them into the basket on the kitchen table with the others and then walk over to my answering machine. I still owned a land line phone in order to keep track of messages that I could possibly miss at work or on my cell phone. I press the button to hear that I have two missed messages.

"Hey Taylor this is Liam Payne. I am friends with Harry Styles. He has asked me to make an appointment with you, Thank you and you can reach me at-" The message says. I write the number down and then listen to the next one:

"Taylor! You should come with Pam and I to the annual masquerade they're having downtown! Please it will be fun. Call me as soon as you get your workaholic ass home!" Selena's voice rings through the machine.

I pick up the phone and dial her number, hoping that she's wasn't going to force me to go out. 

"Hello," Her peppy voice answers. 

"Hey I wanted to tell you that I am not going to that party," I inform her. 

"Yes you are! I designed dresses for all of us and they have been delivered!" She chimes into the phone. 

"Of course. Is that how you're always going to get me to come out? Just because you left the building and became some big shot fashion designer,-" I tease but she cuts me off. 

"Yes. I am and if you would just take those kind people's money and apply to those art schools then you could be just like me. You could have your own gallery and everything," She reminds me. 

"If you could stop showing them my work then maybe I wouldn't get those offers. I am happy with what I do and I'm good at it too," I reply. We've had this argument to many times before. 

"Really? I don't think so! But whatever, get over here so we can get ready," She says and I could tell she was rolling her eyes. 

"You're lucky it's Friday," I respond and she squeaks with excitement. 

"So hurry your ass up. Your dress is amazing by the way," She mentions.

"Can't wait," I say sarcastically.

"You know you love how your whole wardrobe was made by yours truly," She giggles.

I hang up with her and I get ready to leave. Just when I thought I was going to be able to have a nice night in watching Law and Order with my best furry friend Meredith I was sucked into going out with Selena. (Who I fed and told goodbye before I left once again).

When I arrive at Selena's loft she automatically pulls me in her door on the first knock.

"Hey Tay!" Pam greets.

"Hey Pam! Your dress is amazing!" I say gaping at her beautiful silver floor length gown.

"Isn't my work beautiful?" Selena beams.

"Do you wanna see yours?" Pam asks after nodding in agreement.

"Let's see it," I say.

Selena then pulls out a short sparkling red dress. It was knee length with spaghetti straps.

"You want me to wear this?" I ask as she hands it to me.

"Obviously!!! You'll look really hot. Now go change we don't want to be late," She demands.

_______________________________________

I sigh as we get out of Selena's town car. The club's music can be heard outside and everyone waiting in line to get in is wearing gorgeous gowns and suits along with beautifully designed masks.