Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Taylor's POV

I was wandering around the block looking for Niall's newly owned place of work. Luckily it was really warm and sunny so I had no problem going up the small strip of shops. I parked by the baker because I wanted to buy a brownie before I went around looking for Niall. I nibbled on it as I passed a few boutiques, a pottery store, and even an pet shop. I would have to take a look in there later.

I had my meeting with Anne this morning and it had gone wonderfully. She had told me to design a stage, backdrops, and decorations for the upcoming event. The world was my oyster as long as I kept it the theme cowboy couture. She even said to pick out a band or musician to play and she would email them. I was beyond excited and ready to take on this challenge. Niall and Selena had been right. Maybe I should take more opportunities like this. For now I was to focus on what was in front of me, along with my Harry Styles problems. My plate was full but I was used to it. I had a mental checklist that always kept me organized: work. friends. hobby. Carrie.

I had another major responsibility. My brother had a daughter that I had to babysit every other weekend. Her name was Carrie. My brother had settled down with a former model named Karlie Kloss. She was one of my bestfriends before they had gotten together. I was happy for Austin and his family and I did love Carrie. Karlie and Austin both had work on Saturday so I agreed to take on the responsibility of looking after Carrie. She was a sweet little girl, about six or so. She was beautiful with bright blue eyes and resembled both of her parents. Although this was true, everyone tried to claim that resembled me the most. I didn't think so but I took it as a form of flattery.

I finally walk all the way to the end and see the mechanic place. It was the only mechanic on the strip so I should have figured out where it was sooner, but I guess I was distracted by the beautiful day. I was already wearing one of my summer dresses.

I walk into the shop and I hear bickering. I guess it was lucky for them that I was the only one in here. While I wait for Niall and try my best to ignore the argument I take in my surroundings. I was your average mechanic shop lobby, filled with the smell of oil, chemicals, and coffee. I stand off to the side of the counter and realize that it is Harry and Niall arguing.

"Idiot! You overcharged for the oil change," Harry announces frantically. 

"I didn't know you guys charged twenty dollars less," Niall defends.

"What do you mean? I told you this morning!" Harry replies in another outburst.

It was weird to see Harry dressed in his work uniform. I had seen Niall like this before, all covered in oil and his hair flat but not Harry. His curls were tamed on top of his head underneath a baseball cap and wore that ugly mechanics smock along with an old looking watch that complimented his strong arms nicely. His tattoos were slightly more exposed than when he was wearing the long sleeve button up at our appointment.

"It's going to take me a day or two not to forget!" Niall defends once more.

"Well you better deal with these customer complaints before Louis gets here for his interview. I have to clean up the mess you made and finish what I was working on. Liam is overbooked because Zayn has not shown up yet so both he and I are as busy as it is," Harry huffs.

"I can do that," Niall confirms.

"Don't forget to ask Louis what I told you to. I mean he is already a stand up guy and I'm sure he can get the job with no problem but make sure you interview him like any other potential hire," Harry rants.

"Alright," Niall mutters.

Harry then walks out, both of them still did not notice me. Niall finally faces the front and looks surprised when he finally makes eye contact with me.