Still The Queen

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS.
.

.

.

The sound of loud noise of cheering echoed throughout the gymnasium. Students from two different schools filled the building, banners were raised on one side and another one on the other.

There was a basketball match between seniors from Saber University and Mage University . The schools would hold a sports tournament before the school year ends. It was like a festivity before summer finally arrives.

.

.

He watched as the opponent in front of him dribbled the ball. His salmon pink hair was somewhat soaked with sweat. As the team leader and star player, he was the most worn out.

The score was tied.

His eyes were focused on the enemy before him, but then a familiar face caught his attention. His onyx orbs widened in surprise. Now he was staring at the girl seated on one of the benches.

She had long blonde hair, fairly white skin, and that same face that he thought was always perfect. The moment they made eye contact, she immediately averted her eyes. Acting like she did not see him.

"Beautiful isn't she?" the blonde guy dribbling the ball said, "She's the jewel of the school" he was smirking. He noticed that the one guarding him was distracted.

The pink-haired looked back at the opponent. The surprise on his eyes now gone.

"Are you her boyfriend?" he asked dryly.

The blonde's smirk disappeared.

"Well, no. Not yet. I'm a friend," he continued to dribble, "But that's better than being a nobody like you."

Then a smirk appeared on the other's face. A sarcastic smirk.

"Actually, I'm not just a nobody," he started, "I'm the ex."

When he said this, the blonde's face went into shock. He lost focus on the ball, letting the other snatch it away.

He was able to shoot the ball into the basket easily, well-known for being a sharp three-pointer.

Loud cheering filled the gym again.

They won.

Mage University was taking home the bacon. Again this year.

"Nice one, Natsu!" the raven-haired, Gray, shouted as he high-fived the tie-breaker.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Gajeel, another one of the teammates shouted.

The players from Mage U circled their team captain, cheering up for another victory won. Among them were his close friends.

"Hey, guess who's here," Jellal, with the red tattoo said.

"I saw her, too" Loki, the womanizer joined in.

The pink-haired, Natsu, turned to where 'she' was seated when he saw her. But she wasn't there anymore.

He let out a disappointed sigh.

"Lucy's here," Natsu said as he turned back to them, "I'm not letting her slip away this time."

.

.

She was walking out of the school.

Her shoes made light sounds as they hit the ground. Her pleated school skirt swayed as the wind went past her and the cherry blossom flowers brushed her fair skin and silky hair.