We're Okay

The bottle spun around. Each of them waited for it to stop.

When evening came, everyone was at the living room playing 'Truth or Dare'.

And the bottle came into a stop, the tip pointed at Cana.

"Again?!" she complained.

"Can't blame the bottle," Sting laughed at her.

It was her 3rd time in a row.

"Truth or dare?" Loki smirked at her.

"Dang it. Dare."

And they continued the game.

But Lucy couldn't seem to be at ease. Natsu had gone out before they started playing. She was worried about him.

Somehow, it didn't feel right having fun without him around.

"Excuse me, I'm gonna go get a glass of water," she stood up and headed to the kitchen.

After filling the glass and having her drink, she was about to head back to the group when she looked outside the window.

The stars were shining down at the lake, she realized a good stroll under them wouldn't be so bad.

Nobody noticed her absence, they were all caught up at Levy's dare that was to kiss Gajeel on the forehead. But Sting did.

.

Lucy was walking barefoot, feeling the grass under her feet. Her hair and flower-patterned dress swayed with the cool wind.

She was looking at the stars above her as she walked, stargazing.

Then she noticed someone laying on the grass, his white tank top made it easier for him to be seen.

Natsu was outside. Comfortably laying on his back and staring at the bright stars.

She slowly approached and sat next to him.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" Lucy asked, plopping her elbows on her knees, "It's cold."

"It's nothing compared to how you've been treating me so coldly lately."

His voice was calm.

Somehow she felt guilty.

"Stop it," Lucy murmured quietly.

"At the store," he started, "You called me 'baby'."

She thought he forgot about it. It slipped her mouth that time. But the one when she was drunk, she definitely had no idea about it.

"I-I don't remember." She lied.

"I know you do."

Then it went quiet.

Silence appeared to be their bestfriend.

"I know you love me," Natsu said surely.

"...I don't," she denied it even though it was the truth, "You need to forget about me."

"Can't do that." He replied in no time.

"Forget about what we had."

Having enough of all her act and lies, he pushed her down on the grass and trapped her under him. She looked at him with startled eyes.

"You tell me to forget about us, but even you yourself haven't even moved on," Natsu said with a slight trace of anger in his voice as he looked down at her face.

"You're wrong...I've already let go of you."

"Don't lie to me."

Then there was silence again.

She looked away, not being able to look him in the eyes.

"Are you blaming yourself about what happened?"

She didn't budge.

"That day I got stabbed?" Natsu continued.

After saying that, Lucy's eyes started to moist.

And at that very moment he knew it, he was right.

Not for long, she cried.

She had to cover her face to hide away her tears from him. But who was she kidding? It was obvious.

He could hear her loud sobs being muffled by her hands. Natsu never liked seeing her cry, and right at the moment he was staring down at her as she did.

"I don't regret any decision I made in protecting you," his voice was gentle now, "It wasn't your fault."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" she continued to cry.

"Stop that, baby," Natsu never wanted to see her sad.

"I know you always got into fights even before I came along," Lucy struggled to say in between sobs, "But when I came into the picture, most of your fights had something to do with me."

"It's not your fault for unknowingly attracting lowlife bastards."

"I was selfish for thinking you'd always be there to protect me," she continued, "I relied on you too much. I knew you would always win. You always did."

"And I never regret getting into those fights," he said, hoping to stop her pain.

"But that day when I saw you get hurt for the first time...I...I-"

"But I still won."

"I know!" Lucy shouted and continued to weep, "But I couldn't forgive myself. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry...I've given you nothing but pain."

Everything she had kept inside finally got out.

He sighed. Natsu got off her and sat down, pulling her up with him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head as she cried on his chest.

"That's not true," he said quietly.

"I'm sorry baby...I'm sorry that I left you. I never wished it."

"Don't be. Shh," Natsu rubbed his hand gently on her back to calm her down.

And it was working.

"You know I love you...," Lucy said softly, sniffing as well, "That's why I did it."

"Okay. We're okay now. It's all right."

After a while, she fell asleep in his arms. Free from the heavy sadness that was filling her heart.

.

"Boom! Your turn blondie!" Gray shouted as the tip of the bottle stopped at Sting.

They were still playing.

Then the door opened, getting all their attention.

It was Natsu, holding Lucy as she slept.

He didn't stop by and headed straight up the stairs and into her room.

"And I was wondering where she went off to," Cana said to no one in particular.

"What do you think happened?" Erza asked.

"Who knows," Gray chuckled and smirked, "Maybe the Truth finally got out of the bag."

"There goes your chance of winning the heart of a princess, blondie boy," Cana teased as she turned to Sting.

"Burned again," Levy reacted.

"Cana, why must you wound me any further?" Sting started, "Erza, speak up for me."

Erza stared at him for a moment,

"She was out of your league anyway."

"Bam! Slam dunk bro," Gray laughed.

"And there goes the finishing blow," Gajeel added.

"Are you even my friends?"