Name

As early as six in the morning, cars parked at the wide lot of the Lakehouse.

Jude was back to pick her up.

It was the day they were leaving for Paris, France.

"Be careful, 'kay?" Cana said as she gave Lucy a tight hug.

"Hey, bring us some souvenirs when you get back," Sting said with a smile on his face.

"I will. I promise," Lucy smiled brightly at each and everyone one of them.

They were all outside, saying goodbyes. They haven't even showered yet. Except Lucy, Natsu as well. He insisted on sending her off at the airport that day.

Jude's men were loading her luggage on the back compartment on one of the cars.

"You kids stay out of trouble, you hear?" Jude gave them a stern look, but it turned into a carefree one afterwards.

"I'll make sure of that, uncle," Gray smiled.

So the bags have been loaded and everything was ready to go.

"Come on Lucy," her father called as he entered the black car's front seat.

She and Natsu followed after, entering the backseat.

As the cars drove away one by one in an orderly manner, Erza and the others waved their hands. Watching as the car that took Lucy went further and further away.

.

AIRPORT

"Lucy, stay here and wait for me. I have to check for our departure first," Jude said as he walked away with a few men following him.

She and Natsu stood by the thick glass wall of the airport, looking at the airplanes that either landed to or flew from the wide ground below them.

"You're wearing it," he started, "Good."

He could see the necklace clearly, just above the cover of her white coat.

"Of course," she smiled at him, "I wouldn't want my fiancé to scold me."

He chuckled at the emphasis she put on the word.

"Who knows, maybe I might go after you to Paris."

Lucy giggled at his idea. She held his hand and brought it to her face, feeling it against her cheek.

"That would be wonderful," she smiled softly as she stared into his eyes looking back at hers.

"If that happens," she started, "Then I'll be waiting."

He pulled his hand and held hers instead, kissing the back of it and all the while staring at her face. The way a gentleman would treat a lady. His lady.

Natsu opened his mouth to say something.

But Jude came back. Looking like he was in a hurry. Well, he wasn't really a tardy man who liked being late on meetings.

"We need to go, dear," he said to her and then his head turned to Natsu, "Don't worry, she's in good hands. Besides, you can use Skype. Kids these days."

With that, he went ahead with a chuckle.

He just doesn't run out of jokes does he?

Lucy giggled at her father. He was right. There's the internet for goodness' sake.

"Well," she said as she turned back to Natsu, a bright smile plastered on her lips.

He always knew she was beautiful.

Every single day.

"I will be back before you know it."

She said.

Her voice was still the same, still soft as he remembered it.

Lucy walked away towards her father. It was only for a second yet he missed her already.

Natsu didn't want her to go. Didn't want her to leave.

Now he was left standing alone in the waiting area. Along with the other busy people waiting for their own flights.

He saw the plane through the glass wall, the one headed for France.

Natsu stood there the entire time, waiting for the aircraft to take off.

A couple of jets already flew away before it was the flight for France's turn.

And slowly as the plane travelled the flight strip, Natsu decided to leave the airport. There was nothing for him to do there anymore. He has already sent her off.

The sound of the plane finally taking off from the ground and slowly into the air was loud enough to be heard through the wall. He continued to walk away. If he looked a while longer, he might not be able to endure it and would get into the next flight after her.

.

Suddenly, a loud sound of explosion echoed throughout the entire airport.

The sound came from the takeoff ground.

Natsu stopped.

His feet went immovable. Like he was glued to the tiled floor.

His chest started to feel heavy.

The sound of heavy metals crashing beyond the glass wall were loud enough for him to hear. For everyone else to hear.

He wanted to take a look at where the merciless sound came from. He wanted to turn around to see what happened.

But something told him not to. He might not be able to take it.

Natsu felt fear.

He felt afraid.

For the first time, he was afraid.

People around him started screaming and running right past him. Hitting his shoulders as they did. They all stared through the wall, all in horror at the sight of piled metal burning in flames. Or so it was once called an 'airplaine'.

People started crying.

Families started screaming names of their loved ones who were in that plane.

But Natsu...he seemed to have went deaf for a moment.

He couldn't hear the sound of the shouts, he could only see their faces in agony as they screamed.

His feet slowly turned. His body faced where the cause of death was.

As he did, everything went like he was moving slowly through time. Like time stopped and that the only one that mattered in the room was him. Him and his heart that was beating unevenly.

The moment he laid eyes on the plane set ablaze, he couldn't move. Not a single muscle. He felt like he wasn't even standing at all. Like the gravity was gone.

It was the same plane.

Plane headed for France.

Her plane.

It felt like it was all just a dream. If it was a dream, then this was the first one where his eyes were wide in fear.

But no. This was real.

Natsu couldn't think of anything else.

He didn't know what to do.

He was glued to the floor as he stared outside the wall.

There was only one person...one name.

One name he could think of.

A name he will never forget.

The loudest scream echoed throughout the place. The scream of a man who lost more than just everything...lost himself. The voice was in pain and sorrow both at the same time.

And it was calling out to a name that belonged to a blonde angel.

.

.

Lucy.