If I Wasn't Immortal I'd Be Dead By Now

Diablo's POV

"That was a fun ride, when can we do that again?" Lucy said jumping out of the plane, her eyes then widen and she slapped a hand over her mouth."Oi sheila, dropped something" Digger said handing her the scythe. She smiled at him as we started walking, i kept looking back at her until I slowed my pace and started walking right next to her.

Lucy's POV

Diablo and i started walking side by side. I still had my gloves in the form of bracelets and my Scythe in my hand. I was able to hear Boomerang and Braids talking. "Mind games." Boomer said to Braids, i should really know his name" What's that ?" Braids asked" All this bomb in the necks crap. That ain't real mate." Aussie said gaining his attention, " See, they're trying to trap us with our own minds . But when you look around, we're free." " How do you know?" Braids questioned doubting him." Trust me. It's a con. " Boomerang said planning in his head, " Now I'm going because I've got a life to live. Question is, are you coming? " Boom asked looking at him. Braids nodded his head before him and Boomerang went along with the group.

They both subtly nodded towards each other and began to take out a few of the soldiers. Digger attempted to hit Katana with one of his boomerangs. She did a somersault over it and put her sword against his throat and pinned Boomerang on the wall."Sorry. It's what I do. "He explained as he grabbed his boomerang. Braids on the other hand, shot one of his climbing grappling hooks into the near top of a building and shot another. The remaining standing soldiers, including Rick Flag, pointed their guns at the man who could climb anything. "Hold your fire." Before Braids could even reach the top, there was an explosion and his body slumped down, still hanging in the air.

Captain Boomerang grimaced at the sight, while Harley smiled and said "Now that's a killer app." Flag turned towards the rest of them." Okay. You wanna keep the Hollywood squares version of I'll blow your freaking head off? "He said, making a few rub their necks. "Are you next? " Flag questioned Diablo." You trippin homie." Diablo responded." You next, Deadshot? " Rick making him look at him in disbelief." Did you just threaten me?" Floyd marching up to him." Oh yeah." Flag said mocking him. "He just threatened me. "Floyd said pointing at him before walking away next to Harley. I started speeding up since I knew things were gonna end horrible, i walked right next to Rick in total silence. "I'm sorry" he whispered not looking at me. I looked at him giving a confused look as he glanced at me. "You may be a criminal, but you shouldn't be tortured like this." He said, I gave him a small smile as a thanks when i hear something crash. I look back to see Digger in a pile of trash. I ignore it and keep walking. "You know you can talk, we won't hurt you, unless you disobey, vex me or try to run away" Rick said, i looked at him and gave him a smile. "Thanks" i whispered, he gave me a small smile and we kept walking. I look back at Harley smiling at her, she smiles back and we kept walking.

*Tiny Time Skip*

"We got people up here." Edwards said seeing figures walk back and forth."I'm on my way." Rick said before running into a quick sprint taking his position near Edwards. Seeing this as an opportunity Captain Boomerang turned to Floyd, "I like these odds mate. Just say the word." he said. "Yeah." Harley said in agreement, " Come on." Harley said getting impatient. Deadshot looked at the two. "Hold that thought." He said before walking near Flag and his remaining few. Putting on his vision goggle over his left eye, he slowed his pace. I followed behind him and stopped next to Rick. I look up ahead to see these familiar looking alien type things. Just like the light i couldn't remember where I've seen them. The aliens up close look mutated inside and out, the distorted voices coming from them i could understand them but at the same time i couldn't. "Rick, why do they look like that? " Edwards asked glancing at him before refocusing his attention." Stay cool." Flag said trying to calm him.

" What the hell are they? " Deadshot questioned, standing near Flag. " You cut and run, I'll blow your head off ." Flag said, taking a deep breath. Seeing more movement, Katana quickly unsheathed the silver shining blade. Deadshot quickly aimed his rifle at the monsters. The monster's heads began fidgeting around quickly before snapping to the squad." Hit em! " Rick shouted as they jumped over cars and started shooting. Killer Croc pulled off his Hood, Harley held a gold revolver, and Captain Boomerang opened a can of beer. I looked at him giving him a weird look before taking out my scythe cutting the head of one. The scythe just passed through it and did nothing."Mierda!"i yelled to myself. Scythe's take souls to hell, not kill aliens Lucinda you should know this! I mentally yelled at myself. I said a small chant making the Scythe dissolve into nothingness and retracted my gloves. "Hopefully these work" i muttered to myself. I stabbed one in the 'face' and it fell to the ground dead. Finally i thought to myself, yeah I'm insane.

I look back to see Diablo not fighting at all. Everyone has their reasons. "Harley, he dies we die! " Floyd yelled to Harls catching my attention. I ran over to see the things kidnapping Rick. I stab 3 in the 'face' but one grabs me from behind. Harley beats the rest and i duck my head as she hits the thing in the head making it drop me. I look to see a boomerang coming our way so Harley and i bend backwards ducking from the boomerang, when we look back we both glare at Boomer who gives us a sheepish smile. "Duck!" i yell to Harls, she does as told and i catch the boomerang but at the same time retracting my gloves into bracelets. "Boom!" i yelled getting his attention, he looks at me and i toss him the boomerang which he catches.

We start walking again but something grabs me from behind and covers my mouth. I was able to tell it was the soldier alien thing. Floyd looks back at me taking out his gun and shoots the things. "Thanks" i say as the things drop dead dropping me in the process. "Oh my dear, if i wasn't immortal, I'd be dead by now" I muttered to myself. Diablo stands in front of me offering his hand to help me up. I take it as he pulls me up.

"You okay Chica?" He asked. "Yeah, thanks Diablo" I whispered smiling. "Call me Chato" He said smiling too." "Hey princess what the hell was that!?"Boomer yelled, "Trust me this isn't my fight." Chato said, i put my hand into the pocket of his jacket taking out a Lollipop. They both looked at me confused but Diablo got back to talking. "You don't want me fighting."Diablo said, he made a burning skull with his fire and that's when i remembered, I'm allowed to use my pyro and telekinesis."OH your a fire boy well look at this" boomer said taking out a lighter, he turned it on waving it in diablo's face. "I'll be taking that" I said grabbing the lighter putting it in my pocket. "Hey give that back" "Hey give that back" "Not funny Sheila" "Not funny Sheila" "Could you two stop arguing you sound like 5 year olds!" Rick yelled. "Sorry Rick!" I said. We kept walking and Diablo and I hung back. "When did you put the sucker in my pocket?" He asked. "Right before i went to help them," I said with an innocent smile. He rolled his eyes chuckling.