Chapter 34

Jungkook's POV

My eye lids feel heavy as I feel myself coming out of a coma like state, it takes a few minutes before I am able to twitch my fingers and lift my eyelids. I wonder what happened as I scan my lifeless, white hospital room. The sound of the heart monitor starts increasing my already pounding headache; so I carefully rip all the wires of my body hoping that will turn of the machine. Instead all I hear is one never ending constant tone until my room is filled with people all looking frantically at me.

Jimin's POV

We are all waiting outside our Maknae's hospital room waiting to hear something about Taehyungs return or Kookie gaining consciousness, they had to give him a pretty powerful sedative to stop bim from hurting himself. Suddenly we are all ripped from our own thoughts once we hear the flat and long tone of Jungkook's heart monitor reach the hall.  I feel my stomach flip and my heart sink and I see everyone else's heart drop too. Nurses and doctors all rush in and we barge past them preparing ourselves for the scarring sight of our baby brother laying pale and lifeless on a bed.

Instead we are met with a wide eyed Kookie staring at us with curiosity.

"Hyungs I have a headache and the machine wont stop" he whines laying back down placing his pillow over his head. I feel my lungs suddenly start inhaling and exhaling in relief, seeing him alive I'm able to breathe again.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook you scared us!" Jin reprimanded while going over to wrap him arms around the delicate youngers head and kissing it. A few nurses tend to him an re-attach all the wires and tubes that Kookie ripped off.

I walk over to Yoongi hyung and bury my head in the crook of his neck while locking my arms over him. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my head.

"Everything is gonna get better from here wont it?" I whisper trying to reassure myself more that him. Hyung's deep, rough voice promises that we can only improve from here and seals that promise with a loving but chaste kiss on the lips. If only his promise lasted.

Jungkook's POV  (sorry it's switching back and is probably annoying how I'm always changing POV)

After all the hospital staff leave my room and I get some medication for my headache all of Bangtan find somewhere to sit in my room; all of Bangtan except the one I need most and who promised to be here. Hopie has found a place to sit on my hospital bed with me while he plays with my hair as I fidget my fingers and pick at my nails and cuticles. What started out as comfortable silence has become awkward and expecting as we wait for someone to break it.

"Tae left didn't he? Where did he go?" I manage to push the words out without stuttering but cringe as my voice breaks and eyes tear up at the mention of his name.

"Oh-uh umm he's not g-gone he's just ummm-uhhh runing errands! You know groceries and such haha" J-Hope stumbles out, rushing and tripping over words.

"If you're just hear to lie and sugar coat things please leave.... all of you" they all look at me hoping they heard me wrong or I was joking but I once again hurt and disappoint them.

"Now! GET OUT!"

"But Kookie-"

"No, I want to be alone"

"No! You don't get to be alone anymore to punish yourself or live in guilt because this all ends now!" Tae bursts through the door with a face I never thought I would see again.

Fidgeting with my fingers turns to pinching until I break the skin, my breathing turns erratic and according to the heart monitor so does ny heartbeat. My skin burns and my brain won't stop, neither will the tears in my eyes.