Chapter 31- Crybaby and Filthy

Hey, my darling sugar pies. How is everyone doing tonight/today? I'm so glad to be back because I missed each and every one of you guys, please don't forget to comment your thoughts, babes! It really helps shape this book. 

I told you I'd be updating soon lovelies.

Sorry honey buns, but this chapter will be super short!! Sorry:(((

Anyway, let's get this rollercoaster on the track....

Anastasia's POV

It was exactly 9:56 am when the front door slammed open causing an abrupt squeal from me.

I couldn't really see who it was because they stormed in my direction and tackled me into a hug. Hands clawed at me tightly at my waist as a familiar scent filled my nose. Sweet Peonies. Her locks tangled around my mouth and I had to breathe through my nose to avoid choking. Which wouldn't be pretty at all, trust me.

"Oh, my baby!" She drawled out as she pulled back to examine my features. Mom sobbed even louder as she gazed into my eyes. I muffled the broken sobs forming in my throat as her skittish fingers shook when she caressed my flustered cheeks.

"My baby!!" She screamed once again as if her own heart had been torn out of her chest. Ripped, torn and shattered. Her cheeks and nose were painted crimson. Eyes brimmed up with tears as she wailed out my name loud enough for everyone to hear.

The way she held me, my body began to shake with sobs, and so did hers. I felt the trembles of her body running through mine. I couldn't contain myself, it was as if she had broken the invisible gates because the tears kept coming. Salt was the only thing I could taste on my lips.

"Oh my, Anastasia! How could they do this to my baby?!" She kept yelling up at everything in the room as she rocked her body towards me. I sniffled. She then tried to wipe my endless loop of tears but they wouldn't break. She got off me and stood rigidly. She kept mumbling incoherently as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

My eyes were still raw when my dad approached me. I momentarily forgot about all the random flashbacks and dreams. The look on his face almost made me want to curl up into a shell. I couldn't describe it properly but he looked so sad, hurt and broken. My dad was never one for crying ever, I mean, I've only seen him cry about twice in my life and both of those times were when my mother kneed him in the balls. But in this moment, his face almost dropped in despair; his lips in a straight line and his eyes filled with tears as he set his gaze on mine.

That just made me cry even more. If that was even possible.

When he finally reached me he didn't say anything, he just bent down to scoop me up into his arms. I sighed loudly and gripped him towards me. My body couldn't stop shaking as my dad held me tightly. I didn't know how to react properly. Was I suppose to be this emotional or what?

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TO MY BABY?!" Dad let me go to look at mom, who was shouting her head off at Mr Grumpy who stood stock still against the front door. She shouted frantically at him and then began to punch Mr Grumpy's chest with her small fists.

I gaped at her.

Mr Grumpy didn't react; I mean he didn't punch back my mom so that was good. I guess.

He just stood there as he took the impact, I doubt it hurt that much but I bet he was annoyed at it. His eyes flickered towards mine for a moment before he looked back at my mum who was still punching him. The self-control he contained was surreal.

"IF MY BABY DIDN'T HANG OUT WITH YOU, SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THIS POSITION! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Mr Grumpy's face tightened, it was the same look he pulled on little Kenny.  The atmosphere in the room shifted a whole 180 degrees and felt thicker.