Chapter 2

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 2

Your eyelids flutter as your eyes try to adjust to the dim light of the room. Moving your hand up to your face, you rub at your eyes and look at what you’re lying on. You frown at the dingy mattress on the ground and the patchwork metal walls surrounding you.

“I patched you up.”

Whipping your head to the right, you stare at the skinny man standing on the other side of the bars. He’s standing there awkwardly with his head dipped.

You frown and look down at your injured side and right leg. Sure enough, both have been bandaged.

“I – uh – I left an ointment next to you … you need to use it every day …”

You tilt your head and narrow your eyes at the man, “Who are you anyway?”

“Kraglin,” the man replies. Before you can ask any more questions, the Ravager adds, “Anyway, Yondu – the captain – said he’ll come and see you soon. I don’t know if he wants to keep you though.”

Before you can tell the man you’re not some sort of pet, Kraglin hastily walks away.

You sit up slowly and lean your back against the cell wall, still feeling extremely weak. Unsure of why you had lost consciousness in the first place, you try to move slowly to not stress your body out any further.

You close your eyes and try to relax as best you can. You manage to tune out the clunking and hissing around the ship and get lost in your thoughts for what feels like only minutes, but ends up lasting for several hours.

You’re only drawn out of your thoughts by the cell door opening loudly.

Snapping your eyes open, you stare at the blue man as he closes the door behind himself and casually pushes his jacket back, showing you his arrow. You get the warning loud and clear.

“I was wonder’n’ what to do about you,” he drawls, eyeing you carefully as he comes closer.

You look up at him but stay silent.

He looks you over slowly and licks his lips, “Maybe we should keep you around.”

You growl at him, your chest rumbling as you do so. You’re not becoming some sort of sex slave.

Seeing where you’re mind has gone, Yondu laughs and shakes his head, “You’ll be good for thievin’ I think.” Then he adds after a pause, “You stolen stuff before?”  

You watch him quietly, thinking everything through. If you play your cards right, this blue man might just be your escape route out of here. Maybe you can one day steal a ship and get back to earth.

“Yes,” you reply.

“Killed people?”

“Yes.” You think back to the eight bodies you left lying in the slavers ship back on the small stop over planet.

Nodding, Yondu pulls out a piece of fruit from his pocket and throws it to you. You catch it easily and sink your teeth into it almost instantly, realising how hungry you are in that moment.

Yondu then comes towards you and quickly slips something around your neck. You jerk back with a hiss and claw at the thing around your neck. “What is this?” you growl, panicking.

The blue man backs away from you and says, “Tracking collar. Can’t have you running away now, can we?”

“What am I? A fucking dog?” you snap, feeling your heart quicken as you get worked up.

“Don’t know what that is,” he replies, and you don’t know if he’s joking or not.

You tug at the collar but have a very good feeling it won’t come off so easily.

Sighing loudly, you look down at your shoes and give up.

Yondu gives you another look before leaving the cell. He doesn’t close the door this time.