Chapter 9

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 9

Your head is resting on the lip of the tub as you slowly swirl the water around. It’s murky with Kree blood, and yet, you still feel clean. You’ve washed it all from your body already and are now just relaxing in the warmth.

You’re still angry, but you’ve regained control of your emotions for the most part.

For the past few hours while you’ve been in the tub, you’ve also heard the clanks and thuds as the Ravagers transfer the cargo to their ship.

However, in the last half hour you believe, the ship has quietened and you suddenly feel the bathwater slosh as the ship pulls out of the cargo ship’s hangar.

So they’re done, huh?

Chewing on your bottom lip, you sink lower into the water until it’s at your chin. It’s not long after, that the door to Yondu’s quarters slide open and your eyes flicker to the person walking in.

Their steps falter as they notice the blood and clothes on the ground and focus their attention on you.

“What are you doing in my room?” the blue man growls lowly.

You glare at him, “I wanted a bath and I remembered Kraglin once telling me the only bath on this damn ship was in your room. So I’m here. It should be obvious, old man.”

The man narrows his red eyes at you and bares his sharp teeth. “Get out of my quarters,” he commands you, his voice low.

“No.”

“I said get out.”

Feeling your anger bubble up again, you reach out of the tub and grab your knife. Picking it up, you throw it at Yondu and he ducks out of the way. Shit then hits the fan as the blue man whistles sharply and his Yaka arrow flies from his side and towards you. It stops inches from your forehead and you snatch it from mid-air without thinking.

Yondu’s eyes widen as you push it under the murky water and sit on it. “You want it back,” you spit at him, “Fucking come get it.”

“Fine by me, girly,” the blue man tells you as he pulls his coat off, throws it onto his bed and stalks over to you with heavy footsteps.

You straighten up in the tub with eyes widening as he sticks his hand into the murky water with the intention of taking it back.

His hand bumps against your private parts, and you panic. Lashing out, you rake him across the face with your nails with a hiss.

Slowly, Yondu retracts his hand and turns his glare to you. You’re tense, waiting for something to happen. And it does; within a split second, his wet hand is wrapped around your neck and he’s squeezing. Not as tightly as the Kree alien had done, but hard enough to have you gasping slightly.

His teeth are gritted as he breathes through them. You can smell the alcohol on his breath as he snarls at you, “How dare you! My men free you from the slavers-” No they didn’t. I did that myself. “They take you aboard and I let you stay! I could have killed you that day. But I was merciful!” But you made me your personal dog. “I gave you a room – and a place with my men! Men that have earned their flames and place here on my ship! While all you do is whine and bitch and act like a little whore!” Because you make me act like one to get things for you.“You’re  ungrateful and disobedient!” Because I don’t know what to do with kindness – even the slightest bit. “I don’t know how you’ve survived this long with how stupid you can be!” Sometimes I wonder about that too.

“And-”

Feeling his grip tighten, you panic in that moment, wanting him to get off you, and push up from the tub. The speed and force you use as you ball a fist up in Yondu’s shirt, causes him to stumble, lose his balance and fall to the ground. You end up falling with him, and land on top of his hard body.

As his grip loosens on your throat, you scramble backwards – accidentally (kind of) kneeing him in the groin and getting to your feet.

You’re breathing hard, trying to get air back into your burning lungs as you stumble over to his bed, slip on his long coat, collect your knife and go back to the tub. Fishing out the Yaka arrow while Yondu groans in pain on the floor, you shakily walk out of his room, palm on the wall to stabilise you as your knees shake. You just want to get back to your room.

Your heart is beating wildly with adrenaline as you almost run past Kraglin in one of the corridors. The Ravager pauses and watches you as you pass him. He wants to say something, but seeing the state you’re in – and your naked body beneath the captain’s coat, he refrains from doing so.