Chapter 3

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 3

It takes you several hours before you’re able to stand. Your legs are weak and you have to lean against the cell wall to support your upright body.

You manage to limb out of the cell and wander down the corridor with the ointment jar in your pocket. There’s no one around and you’re okay with that. You don’t know if you can fight off anyone who tries and takes advantage of you.

The pain in your side is nothing in comparison to the ache behind your right knee as you wander the corridors. The wound on your side had been from one of the slavers as you had escaped the ship on the planet. When he had dragged you back onto the ship, you had been sliced behind the knee as the slavers tried to weaken you. You had been too valuable to them to actually kill you. That had been their mistake.

Stopping against a wall, you clench your teeth and try to push through the pain.

You don’t hear Kraglin approach, until he’s in front of you. “Er, are you okay?”

You look up and stare at him, “Have you got any food around here and a shower?”

The man nods and points down the corridor, “I can take you to my quarters – you can shower there then I’ll show you the kitchen. I think the chef has leftovers you can have.”

You push off from the wall and limp after the tall man as he walks slowly so you can keep up. You can’t wait to rid yourself of the muck covering your body. And maybe change into some fresh clothes.

Once at Kraglin’s quarters, he points to the bathroom and hurries from the room with an alarmed look as you start stripping right there. You remove the bandages carefully and lay them out on his bed, knowing you’ll just have to reuse them afterwards.

Stepping into the odd looking shower, you revel in the feeling of hot water hitting your skin and watch as the blood and grime turn the water a murky red colour as it flushes down the drain.

Once done, you rummage through Kraglin’s clothes and borrow a jacket and pants. You try on a pair of his boots – they’re slightly too large for your feet, but you shrug them on anyway. You reapply the ointment the man had given to you and then redress the wounds before covering them with the pants and jacket. You don’t bother to grab a top; the jacket comfy enough against your bare flesh. You at least have your bra on underneath it, so you’re not completely naked aside from it.

When you’re all done, you exit his living quarters and cock your head at the man. “Kitchen now?”

Nodding, Kraglin begins walking down another corridor, eyeing you every now and then.

When you reach the kitchen, you quickly drop down onto one of the chairs and sigh in relief. You are wearing fresh clothing, and this is just adding to the luxury.

Kraglin moves around to gather some leftovers, which he then places beside you with some sort of yellow liquid. You don’t bother to question it as you gulp it down and demand more. Shovelling food into your mouth, you don’t notice the incredulous look Kraglin gives you.

When you’re done, you lean back in the chair with a full stomach and wonder when the last time you had had a good meal was. You had always stolen more food from the slavers, but you think this is truly the first time in a decade you’ve eaten so well.

You smile dryly to yourself and burp loudly.

Kraglin’s eyes widen as he gawks at you.

Only then do you notice the look he’s giving you. “What?” you ask, trying not to snap at him. He’s been nice so far, and maybe, just maybe, he could eventually help get this collar off you.

“N-nothing,” he stammers. “It’s just … never seen a girl like you.”

“Terran?” you question.

“No, well, yes-”

“Kraglin, we’re landing now, so get your ass to the control room.”

You both turn and watch as the blue man saunters into the kitchen and sculls the rest of your drink. He snatches a piece of fruit from your plate and gives you a quick glance before following Kraglin out of the room.

You don’t bother to move as you look out the window and see the white snowy ground outside.

There’s a ruckus from the ship’s hangar as the Ravagers hustle out of the ship only moments after it lands with a jolt.

Yondu soon appears at the entrance of the kitchen and whistles at you. “Get up girly, I’ve got a job for you.”

That was quick, you think to yourself.

You bite the inside of your cheek and slowly slide off the chair, following after the blue man as fast as you can. You try to hide your limp as you trail behind him. He walks down the hangar ramp and through the thick snow without slowing at all.

You hurry behind him and look around you. After all your travels, you’ve never visited this planet. “Where are we?”

“Contraxia,” Yondu replies, not bothering to look at you.

You soon notice the prostitutes and other Ravager factions as you near an establishment named ‘Iron Lotus.’  

Wrinkling up your nose, you square your shoulders as you follow closely behind the blue Captain. You can feel and see the other Ravagers turning to watch you as you pass them and head into the building.

Yondu walks over to the bar and orders two drinks. He motions for you to sit on one of the stools and you do so gratefully. When the bartender pours the drinks and leaves, Yondu scans the other patrons before leaning in close and telling you carefully, “Now, there’s a man in here, to your left – big guy with a red face.”

Slowly and subtly, you cast a look in the direction Yondu is telling you, and spot the large, pudgy red faced man sitting in one of the booths. A yellow robotic woman is seated on his lap.

You curl your lip in disgust as Yondu continues, “Now, I need you to go over there and talk to him. Maybe buy him a drink or two. Then, when he looks ready, sit on his lap, distract him and steal his ring. The big pretty one.”

“Steal his ring?” You give the blue man an incredulous look. “Right here? Without him noticing?”

“Yes. You do this, and I’ll keep you around. Otherwise, I could always sell you.”

Narrowing your eyes, you ask him, “What’s it worth?”

Yondu seems reluctant to tell you, but slowly says, “Forty thousand units. Fat bastard stole it from a client who really wants it back. . . but if I sell it to a collector, could get a hundred thousand instead.”

You smile at that. “You’re loyal to the money, huh?”

A dark look passes through Yondu’s eyes before he moves away from you and points at you with a serious expression, “I’m going upstairs with one of these lovely whores and you’re going to get me that ring, got it?”

Smiling mockingly at him, you reply, “Yes daddy.”

You turn away before seeing the dark look Yondu gives you.