Chapter 6

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 6

(Four months later)

“How come you ain’t never tell me you can’t shoot?!”

You growl and cross your arms over your chest as Yondu paces.

While the crew had gone off to do some gambling and whoring around, Yondu had taken you along to meet with a client. The deal should have gone smoothly, but you hadn’t been as careful this time, and the client had caught you trying to steal some of his valuables while Yondu tried to sell him and his buddies some sort of high-tech contraption he had stolen.

Yondu had given you a gun just in case anything turned awry, but that didn’t mean you knew how to use it. Not that you’d tell him; you have your own pride to look after.

And that’s when everything had gone tits up and you had both run out of there after a small gun fight. Yondu hadn’t even bothered trying to kill the client and his buddies with his arrow – he didn’t need them coming after him later down the track for revenge.

The two of you had run down the alleyways and streets until you lost the other aliens and headed back to the ship.

Now, you two are in the ship’s hangar and Yondu is losing it.

“They were going to pay four hundred thousand units for that thing! And what do you do?” he growls, pointing at you.

You roll your eyes but don’t bother to reply as he continues, “You fucked it up for me! What were you tryna steal anyway? Huh?”

Slowly pulling the necklace from your pocket, you shrug, blasé. “Just thought this would be valuable to you. Maybe you could sell it for a decent price?”  

Yondu’s eyes brighten and his lips pull back in a grin. He chuckles and takes the shiny necklace from your hands. He inspects it closely before slipping it into his pocket. “Good work, girly.”

You huff and hand him back the gun also. “You can have this back; I prefer hand to hand combat.”

The blue man’s eyes narrow and he shakes his head. “Uh-uh. I’m teaching you how to shoot, girly. You’re a Ravager now – and a Ravager must know how to shoot.”

Sighing, you follow as Yondu walks off down towards the shooting gallery. The walls there were thickened and could handle most gun blasts.

Once there, Yondu grabs your arm and pulls you into the middle of the room. He sets up a dummy target furthest from you and saunters back over.

“Hold that gun and shoot. We’ll see how bad you are.”

You death glare him, but square your shoulders, hold the gun out and aim at the dummy. You take three shots, but miss by a long shot each time.

Yondu laughs at you and steps up to you. He positions your arms properly, tweaks your shoulders and then grabs your hips. You shoot him a glare as he changes your posture slightly and tells you to shoot once more.

His hands hover near your hips as you suck in a deep breath and pull the trigger.

This time, the blast skims past the dummy and hits the wall.

“That’s better,” Yondu comments, sounding impressed.

He shifts your shoulders to the right minutely, then adjusts your hips again. His hands linger a little longer this time as you inhale again, and fire.

The blast hits the dummy square on and you step back, smirking. Only, as you step backwards, you back up into Yondu’s chest.

Almost instantaneously, you step away from him and chew your bottom lip. Yondu looks at you expressionlessly for a moment then opens his mouth to tell you something before Kraglin rushes in.

The man’s eyes are wide as he pants, “Ah, Cap’ there’s some men outside looking for you and they don’t look happy.”

Yondu grunts before stalking out of the room with Kraglin. “Everyone on board?” he asks his First Mate as they walk towards the bridge. You follow a few feet behind, the gun now holstered against your hip.

Once there, Yondu settles himself down in his chair and you watch as both men start the ship’s engines and peel away from the dock.

As the ship pulls away, you look out the window and see the men from earlier, storming between the establishments, roughly handling patrons at the bars.

“They were looking for us?” you ask Kraglin.

He turns to you and nods, “Yeah, said you stole something from them.”

You smile and the man asks you, “Did you?”

“Why wouldn’t I?” you reply slyly.