Chapter 18

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 18

You awake to the smell of food and Yondu’s musky scent. The mixture confuses you and your eyes fly open. Looking around you, your heart unintentionally sinks when you realise you’re not in Yondu’s room, but back in yours. The Ravager captain’s smell is from the coat which is still wrapped around your shoulders and the smell of food is coming from a large plate of leftovers on the bedside ledge.

Pulling the coat tighter around yourself, you move across the bed and take some of the food off the plate, shoving it into your mouth hungrily. Moaning quietly at the taste, you kneel on the bed and chow down nearly everything on the plate.

When you’re done and your stomach is full, you strip out of your clothes and head over to the shower. Sliding down to the ground, you sit under the hot spray and close your eyes, simply feeling numb.

You finger the edge of the collar gently and want nothing more than for it to come off. I need him to give me that damn key so I can get it off. And then … maybe … I can find a way off this bloody ship.

Reluctantly, you get up and step out of the shower. You dry your body off before wrapping your hair up in the towel and drying it as best you can. Once done, you redress and wander out into the corridors, wearing Yondu’s jacket once again. You find it pathetic, but you can’t help but wear it.

You bump into Kraglin working on some valves and pipes once again down a dead end corridor.

Sitting down beside his tools, you hug your knees to your chest as you wait for him to speak.

Eventually, the Xandarian tells you, “I was expecting you to be hitting me by now.”

You hum softly, “When did you come back for us?”

“Yondu said you’d been sleeping for a few hours. He took you to your room. I said I’d do it, but he looked mad so I didn’t push it.”

Breathing in deeply, your gaze shifts from the wall to Kraglin. “Do you know where the key is?”

“For what?”

You stare expressionlessly at him, “Don’t play dumb with me.”

The Ravager gives you a concerned look. “Are you okay (y/n)? You look … out of it.”

You nod almost robotically, “I’m fine. I just want that key so I can get this collar off.”

Kraglin sighs and bites his lip; brows furrowing. “You have to go see the captain; I don’t know where it is, honestly.”

Standing up, you thank him quietly and walk off. You hear him call out to you but you don’t turn back as you wander the corridors in search of the asshole.

After about five minutes of looking, you peer into the third storeroom and spot Yondu sorting out a crate full of valuables.

Walking over to him, your footfalls are almost silent. However, the Ravager captain knows you’re there as he asks, “How are you feeling?”

“I want the key.”

“That’s not happening,” he tells you firmly, not looking away from the crate.

“I factored this in,” you tell him, sliding your hand down to you waistband and pulling out your knife. “I thought about all the possibilities and if I’m right, I know just how to make you give it to me.”

Slowly, the blue man turns around to see you holding the knife’s tip to your forearm. His eyes widen slightly as he raises his hands slowly to you. “Now girly, you don’t want to be doing that.”

You tilt your head to the side and try to control your shaking hands as adrenaline courses through your system. “I just want the damn key. You give it to me, and I’ll stop right now.”

Seeing him freeze in place, you apply some more pressure to the blade until it pierces your skin slightly. You don’t even wince; your mind solely focused on getting the key.

The Ravager watches the blood pool around the blade and carefully walks towards you. You back away at the same pace, not wanting him to get close enough to disarm you.

“I lied about the key,” he tells you, holding your gaze. You can barely hear him over the thumping of your blood in your ears. “There is no key; that collar unlocks with my thumb print.”

You suck in a shaky breath, wondering how you can even be surprised by this newly exposed lie.

Stopping, you position yourself in a way that if he goes to disarm you, you can slice him. “Take it off,” you command him, watching him carefully as he reaches out with one hand and presses his thumb pad to the raised box on the side of the collar.

As the collar clicks open and it drops away to the floor, you suck in a deep, refreshing breath and back away from him. Your body wants to go back to him; feel his touch once more, but you fight against the urge.

Once you’re far enough away from the man, you turn around and rush from the room.

You don’t see the distraught and broken look on Yondu’s face as the storeroom doors close behind you.