Chapter 13

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 13

Its three days later that another smaller ship flies into the Ravager ship’s hangar and you feel your heart drop.

Kraglin finds you in the kitchen and leans in the doorway, staring at you. “The guardians of the galaxy are here for you.”

“When are we leaving?” you ask quietly.

“Quill’s seeing Yondu first, but then they’re taking you.”

Nodding, you swallow the last mouthful of meat and get up. You wipe the back of your hand across your mouth and follow Kraglin as he leads you to the hangar where a green woman, large grey man and talking raccoon are all hanging around.

They all turn and Kraglin introduces you to them and vice versa. When the introductions are out of the way, Gamora asks you, “So how did you end up with Yondu and the others?”

You shoot a look at Kraglin as you reply, “They found me in a grounded ship and decided to take me.”

Pointing to the collar, you add, slightly accusing, “Yondu put this on me; apparently he doesn’t trust me not to run away.”

Kraglin looks away, you don’t know it, but he’s never been okay with you being treated like a dog. He’s spent enough time with you so far to like and respect you too much. And wearing that collar degrades you according to him.

The green woman doesn’t know what to say, and she doesn’t have to, as a Terran looking man and Yondu walk into the hangar.

He must be Quill. That human Yondu raised.

You feel a slight pang of jealousy as you see Yondu hug Quill and smile at him. The Terran man nods to the blue man once more, before walking over to the rest of his friends.

Your eyes meet Yondu’s briefly as his gaze sweeps over the group. He pauses on you for a few seconds and you want nothing more than to know what he’s thinking – feeling.

As he calls Kraglin to follow and walks away however, your heart sinks. Stop it,you tell  yourself. Stop caring about him and what he thinks of you.

It’s harder than that though. It’s hard to handle this bumpy ride he’s taking you on – but it’s harder to control your emotions. Not to mention the temperamental nature of whatever is actually happening between you. You don’t know where you stand with him and what he truly thinks of you.

Sighing quietly, you board the guardians’ ship and follow them to the control room. You hang back as Quill eases the ship out of the hangar and turns it around. You watch as the Ravager ship slowly shrinks the further away you get.

~~~

Over the next eight days, you watch the rag-tag family known as the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ bicker, gamble, dance to Terran music and muck about. They have tried to include you in conversations and such – Quill even trying to dance with you at one point – but when you pulled out your knife as a threat, he had backed away quite quickly.

Gamora talks to you every now and then, but you think on some level, she understands you. She’s never bothered to ask anything too personal, but you know she’s seen some of your scars and has probably put it altogether by now. Coupled with your defensive behaviour and reliance on your knife.

Currently, Peter is piloting the ship towards Knowhere. Gamora isn’t too happy with the trip, but as Drax, Rocket and Quill all want to go gambling and drinking at the Boot of Jemiah, she’s got to go along with it.