Chapter 11

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Copyright © 2017 Girly
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 11

It’s early in the morning when you get up and quietly head to the kitchen, your stomach rumbling. You didn’t eat the night before and now your stomachs unhappy with you.

Taking some fruit from the cooler, you wander the corridors, before finding yourself outside Yondu’s room. Pausing, you have to blink a few more times before your brain processes where you actually are.

You don’t really want to see him, but after last night seeing him hurt, you feel drawn to him. Have I got a soft spot for him? You ask yourself. After a moment, you have to laugh as another thought passes through. Don’t the broken fix each other? Is that what we are to each other?

Sighing, you open the doors to the Ravager’s quarters and pause, staring at the bed. The empty, unused bed.

Frowning, you realise where he must be. “Still at the brothel, huh?” He never sleeps in the control room or anywhere else, so that’s the best place to start.

Walking back down the corridor and weaving your way down to the hangar, you slip out of the ship and hurry down the street. You’re lucky that majority of the buildings on the strip of street are like pawn shops as you stumble across a well-hidden bar recessed between two brick-like buildings.

Opening the door, you slip inside the dingy looking establishment and look around. A few aliens are passed out in the booths and on the bar countertop.

Seeing a set of stairs at the end of the room, you head up them quickly and begin opening doors. Most are empty or only have a sexbot left on standby. As your heart slowly begins to sink, you reach the last door. You hesitate for a moment, before gathering yourself and pushing the door open quietly.

A mixture of relief and disappointment fills you as you spot the blue Ravager lying naked on the small bed.

Your eyes slowly move down his exposed body before landing on his nether regions. Looking away, you gag, but then find your eyes slipping back to have another good look. Oh galaxy, why do I keep looking at it? You think, feeling slightly ashamed and disgusted with yourself.

Closing the door behind you silently, you eye the sexbot as she sits on a chair in the corner of the room. Her eyes are blank – dead – but you still feel uncomfortable with her there.

Tip toeing over to the bed, you sit on the edge and stare at Yondu as he sleeps, lips parted and face smoothed out.

Sighing, you run your fingertips down his arm and open his palm to examine the wound. It’s an inch wide cut running along the middle of his palm. It’s crusted over with blood, making it look several days old. But as you extend his fingers gently, in the creases and grooves in his hand, you can see the dried blood coating his palm.

Slowly lying down beside him as to not wake the man up, you watch his chest rise and fall gently. Your heart is beating a million miles an hour – blood thrumming in your ears as you lay there. His body is littered with scars – big and small – old and new. It’s something that comes hand in hand with being a Ravager.

Once again, your eyes drift down his body and land on his genitals without any conscious thought. You gulp, feeling as though you shouldn’t look, but it’s odd. His member a slightly darker blue than the rest of his body and seemingly ‘ribbed’ along its length. His hair is a mixture of black and grey and curls loosely. A small trail of it runs up to his bellybutton before tapering off there-

“You goin’ to keep starin’ at it like its candy, girly?”

Jerking back, your face flames as you stare wide eyed at him. “Oh galaxy,” you breathe, embarrassed beyond belief.

Yondu’s voice is unusually hoarse as he slowly sits up and looks down at himself. He hums at his level of nudity and lazily turns back to you. “What time is it?”

You look outside the tiny window and bite your bottom lip. “It’s early morning. I don’t think anyone else was awake when I got up.”

“Why did ya’ come find me?” the blue man asks you gruffly as he slowly slides his legs to the end of the bed and sits up completely. Once there, he groans and palms his face and temples. He must have drank a lot last night to be in this kind of shape.

“I don’t know,” you whisper, looking down at your hands. When you look up, your eyes land on his back and widen considerably. You have to stop yourself from gasping as you stare at the thick scars littering his back. They’re much worse than the ones you’ve already seen on his front.

Gingerly, you crawl across the bed and sit behind the Ravager. Your hands are shaking as you hesitantly run your fingertips along the scars.

You feel him tense beneath your touch and reach behind him, grabbing both of your wrists. His hands are warm and rough from use as he holds you still.

You don’t realise you’re holding your breath until Yondu tells you, “I don’t … I don’t want you touching them.”

“Why not?” you feel the need to whisper, as if to not break the little bubble you two seem to be in.

His grip tightens a fraction as he thinks of a way to phrase it. When it doesn’t formulate properly, Yondu repeats, “I just don’t want you touching them.”

“They’re from the Kree, aren’t they? Mine aren’t as bad,” you tell him.

“You were mouthy too, huh?”

A bittersweet smile spreads across your face as you think about it. “Of course. Not always – I couldn’t handle the punishment sometimes, but when I could, I was rude to my ‘masters.’” You hate that word, but sometimes find yourself using it in a mocking manner.

Releasing your hands, Yondu rubs his face again and mutters, “You and I aren’t all too different, huh girly?”

You shrug. “We both get angry easily, can kill people when needed and don’t mind thieving. You counting those too?”

Chuckling gruffly, Yondu slowly stands and gathers his clothes. You watch as he pulls them on and flickers his gaze over to you every so often.

When he’s dressed, he holds his hand out to you. You stare at it, wondering why he wants you to take it. As if reading your mind, the blue man grunts, “C’mon, we’re going back to the ship, aren’t we?”

Taking his hand hesitantly, he pulls you to your feet and slips his arm around your shoulders. You shoot him a look and he says defensively, “The ground is still moving; can’t be falling over, can I?”

Rolling your eyes, you try to ignore the fact that you two are in such close proximity to each other and help him down the staircase of the brothel and all the way back to the ship. “You stink really bad,” you mutter. 

The man doesn’t reply, but smiles to himself. 

Once he’s lying on his bed, you head towards the door and hear him call to you, “Girly?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell Kraglin it’s time to go.”

“Where to?” you question, leaning your arm against the doorframe.

Yondu’s ruby red eyes meet yours for a moment as he lies on the bed. For the briefest of moments, you believe he’s going to say ‘Earth,’ but the word never slips from his lips. Instead, he says, “Nowhere; just the galaxy for a while. Maybe until we get word of another cargo ship or somethin’.”

Feeling your emotions fray, you plaster on a smile and nod. “Will do, old man.”

Letting the door close behind you as you leave, you hold your head high and walk to Kraglin’s quarters. Your chest is tight, and you berate yourself for ever thinking he’ll let you go.

I’m still a dog. Different collar, same affect.