One year later....

In just a year, Alex and Maggie gained full custody of me again and I discovered my powers. I've been working with the DEO to learn how to control them and I might even be able to use them on the field. However, if I do go out on the field, I have to be supervised in case something goes wrong.
*********
"Are you sure I can't go out on the field?" I asked Kara, who had been training me.
"Not until we're absolutely certain that you can control your powers." Kara said.
"But I've been training for weeks!" I whined in protest.
"Okay, but only if Alex says yes." She said.
I used my speed to quickly change from my training outfit into my normal clothes. Kara laughed to herself, following me down the hall into the main room.
******
"Mom!" I yelled, walking around the corner.
"I'm right here, Kay." Alex said from the other side of the island in the center of the room.
"Can I please go out on the field if aunt Kara goes with me?" I asked, giving her my best puppy dog face.
"No." Alex said sternly.
"But...I've been training really hard for weeks now!" I told her in a persuasive tone, which I had learned from Maggie.
"Okay, but only under Kara's supervision." Alex said, finally giving in.
"Yay! Thanks mom!" I said, smiling.
"Your welcome." Alex said, going back to work.
********
"Let's go!" I yelled excitedly, attempting to push Kara toward the door. Despite my effort, she remained planted in the same spot she was moments before.
"Not until you get a suit!" Kara insisted.
"How long is that going to take!" I whined impatiently, rolling my eyes.
"Not that long, I'll have Winn start now."
"Okay." I took her hand and followed her to find Winn.
******
Winn took my measurements and got to work. Hours later, he returned holding a small suit that resembled Kara's.
"Try it on." He said, handing it to me.
I walked into the bathroom and returned wearing the small, blue suit. It was tight, but Winn told me that it should fit a little better once I put it to use.
"Let's go show mom!" I said, running away with the long, red cape flying behind me.
*******
"Mom, look! I'm aunt Kara!" I yelled, running into the room. I posed and she laughed.
"Beautiful!" She exclaimed, hugging me. I smiled and hugged back.
"You're going to need this." Alex told me, placing something in my ear.
"What's this?" I asked, feeling the small piece of equipment.
"It's your Comms. It's how we communicate with each other while you're on the field." She explained.
"Oh, cool." I replied, playing with the locket that Alex and Maggie gave me years ago.
"Be safe." She told me, planting a soft kiss on my head.
"Always." I replied, hugging her, before joining Kara on the balcony.
*******
"You ready?" Kara asked me when I had joined her on the balcony.
"Yeah." I replied, smiling wide as we took off into the night sky.