The Birthday Surprise

*One Week Later*

I had fallen asleep earlier than usual last night and when I awoke, I wasn't at home. I got out of bed, looking around the quiet unknown home. The walls were a dark blue and had posters all over them, there were two children's beds, one of which had Superman bedding. Once I was done scanning the room, I decided that there was no one home. This was proven to be wrong when I heard voices and laughter coming from downstairs. I followed them down a long hallway and into a large, open kitchen. In the kitchen, sat a mother, a father, a little boy and a girl. The mother was carrying a cake towards the young girl while the others were singing "Happy Birthday." When the cake came into view, I could see that there was a number six on the cake, which wasn't what bothered me the most. I could also see the name Kaylee written in neat cursive hand writing along the bottom.
"Make a wish, Kay!" said a familiar male voice.
The girl- who I'm assuming was me- nodded, closing her eyes and blowing out candles. I took me a minute to realise who the boy was, but when I did, he started to fade away, like a ghost that was never there. I started to scream his name, but he couldn't hear me and when I woke up next, I was back home, in my own bed with both of my Moms by my side.
"Kaylee, are you okay?" Maggie asked, concerned.
"Did you have another nightmare?" Alex added.
I looked at them and took a deep breath before answering.
"Yeah, I think I did, I'm fine." I said, nodding slowly.
"Okay, now get dressed, Aunt Kara, Mom, and I have a surprise for you." Maggie said before they left the room.
I quickly got out of bed, putting on a baby blue dress with a pair of black boots. I ran to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and braiding my long, brown hair. I put my glasses, heading towards the door where my mothers were waiting for me. I took their hands, walking out of the door with a big smile on my face.
************
We got in the car and drove to the ice cream shop downtown. I was confused as to what kind of surprise would be at an ice cream shop, but went along with it. Walking in, the bell above the door rang and we were greeted by a kind looking lady who was standing behind the counter. Alex went to talk to the women, while Maggie and I looked around. The shop looked very old-fashioned, with red leather seats and black and white tiles. It was pretty much empty, except for a man and a little girl, who I'm assuming was his daughter. I found a seat and sat down to wait for Aunt Kara to get here. She was usually never later, especially when it came to sugary desserts, so I guessed that there was a crime that needed to be stopped or something. I sat in the booth playing i-spy with Alex and Maggie. Time passed quickly and Aunt Kara arrived in twenty minutes, apologizing for being late. We ordered our ice cream and they promised the surprise would be there soon.
*********
Just as I finished my ice cream, the door's bell rang, causing my head to shoot up. Entering the shop, was a beautiful brown haired lady, a tall, dark eyed man, and a boy who was about my age. I looked around at my moms and aunt, not sure if this was part of the surprise. They all had big, goofy smiles on their faces, so I guessed that it was. The family appeared to be somewhat wealthy, wearing nice clothes and sophisticated looks on their faces as they walked to the counter and ordered. They seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite remember from where. The boy sat down with his ice cream, and I examined his face. He had wavy, brown hair and very pretty light brown eyes, but best of all was his smile. It was a big, bright smile that revealed a set of dimples on either of his cheeks. Cute, I thought. However, it wasn't until I heard his voice, that I knew who he was.
"Jake?!" I yelled excitedly, running over to him.
"Kaylee!" He yelled, wrapping me in a warm embrace.
Our parents and the waitress smiled at our reunion. My heart pounded in my chest and I began to cry on his shoulder.
"I missed you!" I said, letting the tears flow freely down my cheeks.
"I missed you too, Kay! I've been trying to find you for two years!" he said, pulling away slightly and wiping my tears. I smiled at the thought of him trying to find me, like I had been trying to find him.
I thanked my moms and Aunt Kara, after finding out that they were the ones who arranged everything. We talked for a while, our parents exchanging numbers and making plans. I learned that he was still a big fan of Superman and I told him about how I ended up taking interest in Supergirl, smirking at the thought of my aunt in her suit. I also told him about how I ended up finding my real parents and how life was now, obviously leaving out the superhero part. He also told me that after he got better, his mom got a job in Metropolis where they now live. He told me this with a lot of emphasis, because his favorite hero lives there. I laughed at his excitement, causing him to act like he was offended, which ended in a fit of laughter. We talked some more, before it was time to go. I said goodbye, promising to meet up with him again sometime soon and he did the same.
*************
"So, did you like your surprise?" Alex asked once we got home.
I laughed slightly because the answer was obvious.
"Yes, I loved it! Thank you for the best birthday ever!" I replied happily.
They laughed at my excitement, but it really was the best birthday ever.