Who's Jake?

When I came to, I was lying in a hospital bed with IVs in my arm. I tried to sit up to get a better look of my surroundings, but winced as a sharp pain rushed through me. I lifted the blanket, looking down, I saw that I had a large bandage on my side. However, I couldn't remember why, all i could think of was visiting Jake in the hospital and possibly leaving him to die. I cried, calling for him, but I was unsuccessful. I had managed to get Alex's attention though and she rushed in to check on me.
"Kay, are you okay?" She asked me, concerned.
"Yeah, what happened to me?" I asked,weakly.
"You were shot with a kryptonite bullet." she informed me.
I began to panic, remembering Kara battling the alien who had turned out to be my foster mother.
"Where Aunt Kara? Is she okay?" I yelled, worriedly.
"Kaylee, calm down. Kara's fine. She caught your foster mother and turned her in."
I exhaled in relief, "can i see her?"
"Sure." Alex said, leaving to get Kara.
*******
I watched as Aunt Kara approached the infirmary, talking to Alex before she entered.
"Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?" She asked, pushing a stray hair away from my eyes.
"I'm fine." I said, smiling back.
I looked around awkwardly, before turning back to her.
"Kaylee, can I ask you a question." She asked.
"Yeah, sure, what is it?"
"Who's Jake?" She asked, curiously.
I looked down, wiping my eyes. I wasn't quite sure how to tell her about him.