Ashton (Extra Chapter)

Another chapter request!

(Camilla's POV)

I wrapped my coat around my body and held it firmly as I walked towards Mayson's Rehabilitation centre. I kept my head low, scowling at the inches of snow beneath me.

I hated winter.

I would always remember December being the god awful month where Robbie broke my heart and ruthlessly tore our family apart. Poor Flynn, he couldn't understand why his dad couldn't be with him everyday anymore.

Being pregnant with Kylie didn't make things any easier for me. I believe Robbie's words to me were "So? Abort it then! I don't care." when I told him I was pregnant with our baby girl during our heated argument, a few hours after I caught him in a lip-lock with his secretary.

Yep, Decemeber can go choke on a dick.

Liam volunteered to rip Robbie's head off when I told him what had happened. I should've just let him now that I think about it, but unfortunately for me, I still loved and cared for that fucking cheating scoundrel back then.

Viv was all business. She wasted no time in getting me a top notch lawyer, setting up divorce papers, helping me fight for custody by teaming up with my lawyer and even dragging me to court hearings on days where I just wanted to stay in and cry myself to death.

I reached the centre after nearly half an hour of walking. My boots were drenched and my hair was covered with white specs of snow. I didn't want to drive to the rehabilitation centre because to be honest, I wanted to stall. It was my first time seeing Ashton in years and my stomach was in knots.

I wanted to see him a year ago, but when I got to the centre, I was informed that he got into a fist fight with another patient and was sent to the hospital to fix his broken arm. I went straight back home afterwards, feeling absolutely dissapointed. Although, I should've expected shit like this from Ashton. It's nothing new.

I pushed the glass doors open to the centre and the familiar scent of cinnamon from the automated air fresherners on the white walls hit me.

I made my way to the reception area and by this time, my hands were already starting to sweat in my gloves. I removed my gloves, shoved them in my bag and wiped my hands down the sides of my coat.

The last time I saw him, dad was screaming his head off at him, threatening to put him behind bars for the rest of his life whether Vivianna agreed to pressing charges against him or not.

After hours of the screaming match between the two of them, Ashton finally agreed to getting himself into rehab for his alcohol and ketamine addiction. And we never saw him since then. None of us wanted to.

Until last year when I surprisingly, gotten a letter from him on my birthday.

"Hi, I'm here for a visit."

The receptionist, who seemed to be in her fifties, looked up from her computer and pushed her glasses down her nose, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Are you a relative ma'am?"

"His sister."

She nodded. "His name?"

"Ashton Holloway."

I watched her type his name on the keyboard and I nervously drummed my fingers on the counter, hoping to god Ashton hadn't needed to make another trip to the hospital. Or to the morgue, god forbid. Knowing Ashton and the shit he gets himself into, that wouldn't necessarily be a surprise.

Moments later, a long list appeared on her computer screen. She readjusted her glasses and leaned forward, searching for his name.

"Ah, Mr Ashton Holloway. He's in a group counselling session at the moment,"