Chapter 16

"Are you going to answer me? I almost had the fucking police after you."

"I'm sorry." I barely spoke.

"Sorry isn't going to explain where the hell you been." He growled.

I frowned at him. "I was at the church, didn't Hannah-" I looked around and realised we were the only ones at home.

"Church?" He squinted. "Why the hell were you at- forget about that. I called you so many times and you didn't pick up. Why didn't you pick up?" His voice was loud and raspy, it sent shivers down my spine.

I've never seem Liam this pissed since forever.

"There wasn't any reception." I mumbled.

He scoffed in disbelief. "Are you trying me, Viv?"

"I'm not trying you! I swear there wasn't any signal there I couldn't even call anyone."

"Alright," He folded his arms, staring down his nose at me. "How did you get here then? Who did you call?"

"The guy that helped with the decorations at the church, Jay. He was kind enough to give me a lift."

"Jay?" He raised an eyebrow. "Who the heck is that?"

"Liam, you need to calm down. I'm home now. I just got a little late and-"

"Don't you dare ask me to calm down." He took a step towards me and I instinctively moved backwards, hitting my back against the door.

His glare had my heart racing.

"Do you have any idea how worried I-we all were? What if something happened to you? What if you got into an accident or got robbed? What then, huh?' He grabbed my shoulders and I flinched."I swear to god if anything happened to you I-"

He paused mid sentence and his anger slowly subsided at the realisation of what he was about to say. Silence filled the room within seconds and my heart was still thumping like mad.

Liam closed his eyes for a few seconds and when he opened them again, they were softer, much softer. The anger in him had vanished. I felt his grip on my shoulders slowly loosen.

Just as I thought he was about to move away, he startled me by pulling me into a tight embrace,  bringing me to my toes.

"Dammit Viv," He breathed out and wrapped his arm tightly around me. "I thought I lost you for a second there."

Fuck it.

I didn't care if Hannah saw. I couldn't resist even if I tried. My body had already melted against his. I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck. It felt so right just being in his arms and just feeling the warmth of his body against my skin.

"I'm sorry, Liam." I murmured. "I should have called."

I knew it wasn't my fault but I just wanted to end this. Arguing with him has never ended on positive note ever unless I gave in. He sighed and slowly placed me back on my feet.

"Just glad you got back in one piece. Pull this stunt again one more time and so help me I will hunt you down myself." His voice was stern again.

I stifled an eye roll. "Alright alright, I said I was sorry."

The last time Liam scolded me like that was when I skipped school and hung out with some of the older kids at a skatepark. He literally went all out on me when he found out. He was quite the lecturer back then. Although it did warm my heart knowing he cared about me that much.