Chapter 31

***************
Final chapter! I'd like to thank everyone who has been supporting, commenting and voting! you guys have been the best readers and I'm happy and proud to say that this is my first ever FINISHED book. Ahhh. I've written a lot of books in the past but never managed to finish them. And I'm excited! I'll post an epilogue after this chapter soon. And also, do major editing to my previous chapters to really make my one and only completed book my best. Again, thank you so much for all your support. Without it I probably wouldn't have even come this far into this story! Love you all so much! Feel free to ask any questions you want about the characters :)
***************

There was no difference between a statue and me at that moment. I felt the blood drain from my face and I was considering making a run for it, but my feet felt glued to the foor. He threw the letters onto the counter and raked his hand through his hair.

"Before Camilla even-" he paused. He cleared his throat and took in a deep breath. "Before she even told me about-"

"Liam. Don't."

I couldn't bear to listen to him talk about them. My chest started heaving and the familiar ache was quick to have a grip on my heart.

"I told her not to-"

"Not to tell me?" He looked up from the counter, narrowing his eyes at me. "Is that it? To keep this a secret for god knows how long? How could you not tell me, Vivianna?"

God, I hated it when he used my full name when he's angry. You know how when a parent uses your full name, it pretty much sucks all the argument right out of you? It was no different when it came to Liam.

I was about to do what I do best and apologize, but who was I kidding? By the look he gave me, I was certain that wouldn't change anything. He closed his eyes and shook is head irritably, opening them again a few seconds later and diverting his gaze back down to the letters.

"I ended the wedding before she even told me about the letters."

What.

He looked back up at me with a pained look on his face. "I couldn't do it, Viv. I couldn't finish my vows. I couldn't bring myself to say anything."

He made his way around the counter and slowly walked towards me.

"I just stood there, feeling the words get stuck in my throat. I looked at Hannah, and I just couldn't."

He stood in front of me and reached out for my hand. "And I knew why."

He held onto my hand and brought it towards him, gently sprawling it across his chest. I let out a sharp exhale when I felt the vibration of his heart against my palm. It was racing.

"Because, only you do that to me." he said softly.

I stared up at him and my eyes widened. Holding back the waterworks had never been this hard and soon enough, my eyes pricked with tears. He placed his other hand over mine, giving it a squeeze.

"I couldn't say my vows because I realized, I was more excited about moving back to Alaska than getting married." He chuckled but there was no humor in it. "I was more excited to be closer to you, Viv."

I kept my eyes on him, as tears fell freely down both cheeks. All I kept telling myself was that it was all a dream, but I couldn't get myself to believe that. His touch, the ache in the back of my throat, they were all too real.

"Because when the priest asked me to promise that I'd love honor and cherish Hannah-" He wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "All I saw was you." His voice broke, making my heart clench in my chest.