Chapter 25

I stared down at the box that was sitting on my hands and a pang of guilt shot through my veins. It was roughtly the size of my palm and in my favourite shade of purple, lavender.

I was already regretting asking her to let me read them. My eyebrows furrowed at the thought of me poking my nose where it doesn't belong, even if it involves someone I love. It wasn't like me at all and the guilt began settling in my stomach.

"You gonna read it or what?"

I looked up to see Camilla staring at me, with her eyebrows raised and a hand on her hip. "Go on." She prompted. "We don't have much time and the damn thing's like ten freakin pages long."

I shook my head. "No, I shouldn't. It doesn't feel right." I reached my hand out to give it back to her but instead of walking towards me, she just stood there, looking like she was about to kick her heel of and hurl at me.

"Are you shitting me? Just read the letters, Viv."

"Hannah didn't let anyone else read it, it must be really personal. It isn't right if I-"

"Jeeesus christ." She groaned, rolling her eyes upwards. "Stop being so nice for once. Has being nice ever gotten you anywhere?"

I stared blankly at her.

"Thought so. It wouldn't kill anyone, Viv. Just read it."

I reluctantly pulled the box back towards me. I felt like I was about to commit the biggest sin ever, it was ridiculous.

"Read it."

"I-I don't know-"

"Just read the damn thing already!" She shouted abruptly, startling me and causing the box to slip from my hands. I awkwardly juggled it around to avoid it hitting the floor before catching it in time.

"Okay, okay I'll read it. Christ." I breathed.

"Good." She smiled and quickly turned around to make sure we were the only ones there. "Hurry up. I wanna know what's in those letters too."

I slowly opened the cover and the sight of the letters tied together with a purple rope brought back the intense stomach churning.

"Hannah's gonna be pissed if she finds out." I muttered.

She snorted and folded her arms, leaning against the doorjamb. "Like I give a shit. If you don't start reading it, I will."

I stared away from her and carefully removed the letters from the box, trying to leave as little evidence that it got tampered with. Camilla watched me like a hawk as I placed the box down onto the chair next to me and gently tugged onto the rope to release the letters. And that's when I felt a slight tremble in my hands, before they gradually grew cold.

I stilled and tried to shake off the mixed emotions of fear, anxiety and guilt that were gripping onto my heart like barbed wire. I placed the rope down on the box and slowly unfolded the letters, taking my time, hoping someone would come in and stop me. But seconds later, I was faced with nothing but crammed up words.

"Read it out."

I shot her a "please don't make me do this" look but she saw right through it. Her stare bore a hole into me and I had no way out of this. I took a deep breath in and cleared my throat.

"Dear Liam." My voice was hoarser than I thought it would be. "I don't think I can ever tell you what I'm about to say in person, so I wrote you letters instead. I wanted to tell you, just how much you mean to me. Since the day we met, you've changed my life only for the better. You thought me how to be happy, you thought me how to smile and mean it. There are no words to express how I feel about you Liam, it would take me days and months to finish this up. But one thing's for sure Liam-a-bean, its imposs-"