Epilogue

6 years later

The sound of her squeals and laughter suddenly echoed throughout the house, startling me. Her footsteps padded loudly against the wooden floor as she moved around the house in quick steps. The sound of her footsteps got louder towards the living room, and then they faded again as she neared the kitchen.

"Mommy!" she screamed and I winced.

"Honey, I'm here." I called out.

I carefully hung the last ornament on one of the branches and slowly came down the ladder. She poked her tiny head into the living area and her smile turned into an earsplitting grin that revealed her two missing front teeth.

Her long chocolate locks fell effortlessly over her shoulders and her large blue eyes shimmered at the sight of the fully decorated, 12 ft Christmas tree.

"Whoa." She gasped.

She pulled onto her red and green Christmas sweater that reached her knees as she slowly walked in, eyes wide, mouth opened.

"It's humonagos!"

I laughed. "Humongous. Merry Christmas sweetheart." I smiled at her, squatting and opening my arms out. She ran towards me but before she even made it half way, Liam came from behind, swooping her up into his arms, making her scream.

"There you are." He held her close towards him and tickled her, making her howl with laughter as she pushed against his chest, trying to get away from his hold. She in turn, fought back and tried to tickle his neck. I folded my arms and watched them have a go at each other, with a huge grin on my face.

"Daddy!" She squealed.

He stopped and held her hands together with one hand, planting a kiss on her cheek. "I'll release you. But first, you have to tell me how you spell your name."

She looked upwards, trying to recall. "Uh-H.e.i.d.i"

His mouth popped open and his eyes darted to me and then back to her. "Mommy told you, didn't she?"

She shook her head. "I memaroze it."

"Memorized."

"Memorized." She repeated after him. He smiled and kissed her hair.

"But I still think mommy told you." He slowly set her down and eyed me with a wolfish grin on his face. "So mommy needs to be tickled too, don't you think?"

Heidi covered her mouth with her hands and laughed. My smile was quick to drop and so did my hands.

"Liam." I warned, taking slow steps backwards.

He slowly stalked towards me, like a predator. "It wouldn't be fair if mommy didn't get a turn now would it, Heidi?"

"Yes! tickle mommy! tickle her!" She giggled, clapping her hands excitedly. Oh boy.

"No-no don't tickle mommy."

"Tickle her!"

"Heidi!" I scold mildly but I couldn't keep a straight face.

"You can keep moving away but I'll get you." He tried to hide his smile to make him seem more serious but he failed.

"Liam, I swear to god I will-"

I shrieked mid sentence as he suddenly lunged towards me, making me run towards the Christmas tree.

"Come here." He laughed, sprinting after me. He reached his hand out and I felt his fingers touch my back. That only made me run faster.