Chapter 28

He stood there, staring impassively at me. His hands pressed against the glass door, his eyes boring a hole through mine.

A smile broke out. "Oh my god." I breathed. "Liam!" I shouted, causing the room to go quiet.

I wasted no time, pushing past people and squeezing through them to get to him.

"Miss! Your ticket!" she called out but at that moment, I honestly didn't care if the plane ended up taking off without me.

He came back, he actually came back for me. He does love me, oh god I was wrong. Camilla was right about everything. I laughed as tears sprung to my eyes, limping fast towards him and pushing past more people. I wiped my tears away and I couldn't seem to knock that grin off my face. Seeing him changed everything, all I wanted was to be in his arms.

"Liam, I'm here!" I shouted again, waving my hand frantically up for him.

"Excuse me, sorry." I muttered as I came in between more people, gently shoving them away.

But my smile was quick to drop. I felt like I just ran head first into a pole. With every person I got pass, and the closer I got to the gate, I gradually slowed down and eventually just stood there, feeling like my chest had been set on fire. Suddenly, my excitement, my hope, and the tiny bit of happiness that erupted in me were all pushed to the backburner, behind the overwhelming desire to break down again. I blinked at him, stupefied.

"Jordan?" I squinted at him, failing to surpress the disbelief and disappointment in my tone. I slowly walked towards the entrance, feeling like my legs were about to give in.

"Hey." He smiled in relief. "For a second there I thought the plane left."

I ignored him. I got on my toes and pressed my hands against the glass, searching the area around him. No it can't be...I swear to god I saw him.

He pressed my purse against the glass.
"You forgot this. I'll just hand it to the custom officer." He was in the midst of walking towards the main entrance.

"H-have you seen a man here?" My voice started to shake and I swallowed hard. He stopped in his tracks and gave me a perplexed look.

"H-he was in a tux and he was this tall." I brought my hand up a few inches above me. "He was standing right where you were standing a few second ago." I was breathless.

He eyebrows jerked up quizzically. "Uh no, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here. Why?"

My eyes continued searching the departure hall behind him despairingly. "No-but I-I thought saw him I-he was right here."

"Maybe..." he paused. "...you're just seeing things?"

Seeing things? I closed my eyes in annoyance and opened them again, glaring at him with blurred vision. "Jordan, I swore I saw another man here." My voice broke.

He frowned. "I can assure you that l was alone. I would've seen a man in a tux at an airport, he's not difficult to spot, you know."

Fuck, he was right. No no oh god no. I leaned my head against the glass door, closing my eyes and letting the tears stream down my face. I suppressed the urge to hurl my fist at the glass. The cruelest thing of all was false hope and my god, it hurt like a son of a bitch. Can't believe I was being betrayed by my own mind.

"Hey, you okay?"

I looked up at him and shook my head. "No." I sniffled. "I thought he was right there. I thought he-he came back for me I was so happy I-"

He opened his mouth to say something but got cut off by the flight attendant.

"Miss Vivianna?"

I turned around and saw her standing just inches away from me, with my ticket in her hands. She gave me a tight, sympathetic smile.