Chapter 17

"Good morning." Camilla said dully as I made my way down the stairs, squinting at the rays of sunlight that passed through the giant squared windows.

She stood at the edge of the stairs with her back against the railing and she had a shot glass in her hand, filled with brown liquid.

Seriously? at 11am?

I felt awful and I assumed I look even worse despite my efforts to look slightly less like death. And by efforts I mean a floral sundress and some concealer to mask the fact that I cried myself to sleep last night due to the fact that I felt absolutely hopeless.

"Morning." I croaked and cringed a few seconds after hearing how awful I sounded.

She surveyed me from head to toe. "What's gotten into you? You look like you had been doing hard drugs for four straight hours."

I rolled my eyes. "Pft. Thank you."

I was slightly more awake when a man dressed in all black walked past me from no where, startling me. He carried what seemed like a three way mirror. And then more men started to pass by us, with makeup boxes, mirrors, hair curlers and more mirrors. I blinked at them and looked around.

Where were they all coming from?

"Please tell me you see them too?"

"Oh yeah." She downed the shot and grimaced. "They're setting up the makeup station for the wedding. That's the only good thing is this whole marriage whoo-ha. Free makeover."

"Oh." That M word just dragged me back down into the swirling vortex of hate and guilt and I started to feel sick.

"And you're drinking because...?"

"Because it's day four." She made her way to the kitchen and poured herself another glass. "Three more fucking days till doomsday and I'm celebrating." She downed the drink within seconds and poured herself another.

Watching her drink like that made me really uncomfortable and I knew I had the answer to her prayers.

"Camilla, stop. I need to tell you something."

She paused in mid drink and placed the glass back down onto the counter. Thank god. I slowly lowered myself onto the barstool, feeling like I was about to give a speech to a thousand people. My nerves were in a bundle.

"Before you do, is it going to make this situation any better or worse?"

I pursed my lips together. "I-I don't know."

"Here." She pushed the drink she was about to drink a few seconds ago towards me. "You look like you need one."

Oh, what the heck.

I quickly downed it and spent the next ten minutes, just spilling everything out to her.

"...so yeah, that's what happened." I met her ashen face with defiance.

"Well I'll be damned." Camilla breathed out.

I wrapped one of my hand around my third empty glass and the other held my head up. "So what are you gonna do?"

"End this fucking marriage." She spat through gritted her teeth. "How dare that bitch. I knew it, I knew she wasn't the right one. God, we fucking let in a devil! My brother isn't going to be lied to, I wont let that happen." She balled her hand into a fist and banged into the counter, causing my glass to topple over.

I sat up straight and I was starting to wonder if I had made the right decision in telling her.

"Are you going to tell Liam?"