Chapter 13

It was about eight in the evening the next day and Liam and Hannah's family, except for Ashton, were over for a special dinner.

According to Camilla, it was a family tradition for everyone to have a huge fancy dinner the week of the wedding. They have even hired a personal professional chef. It's been done for generations. I was quite honored when Mr Holloway himself, invited me to dinner through a phone call earlier that day, telling me he considered me part of the family.

After nearly scrubbing my face for fifteen minutes with a sponge the day before, I managed to get the blue out of my face.

I adjusted my plain black spag strap dress that reached just an inch above my knees, and then I brushed my hair, applied some perfume and some light makeup and hesitantly left my room. I was actually planning to just fake a fever or a tummy ache and just stay in bed. I still wasn't brave enough to face both Liam and Hannah again. But I just couldn't say no to Mr Holloway. Or no to anyone apparently because god had made me without a bloody backbone.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, trying to go unnoticed by the tiny gathering that was happening in the dining area.

But no luck.

"Vivianna! It's so good to see you again, dear." The familiar voice and greeting startled me and I nearly missed a step.

All seven heads turned towards me. I quickly made it down without tripping and paced towards them. Mr Holloway immediately stood up and pulled me into his arms. Who knew a hug could make me feel a whole lot better? He pulled away a few seconds later and smiled his signature wrinkly smile that always manages to warm my heart.

"Are you doing good, my dear?" His tone was laced with a hint of guilt, a hint of worry.

"Yes, thank you." I smiled.

I just couldn't help but wonder how he was doing, after putting his son in rehab.

Felicia was next to greet me, and then Hannah's mother, followed by Camilla's husband and Flynn, who gave me a wet kiss on the cheek. And last but not least, Camilla. Hannah wouldn't even look at me and I tried my best to keep my eyes away from Liam.

"Alright everyone, shall we eat?" Mr Holloway announced.

"Yes! I'll go get the food." Camilla rose from her seat.

"I'll help." I said and got up with her.

"I'll help too."

Everyone's attention was now on Liam. Felicia was gaping at him. Camilla and I stopped in our tracks.

"You want to help set the table?" Felicia asked, sounding slightly too surprised.

"Yeah. What's wrong in that?" Liam asked.

He looked away from her and pinned his stare on me, and I felt my knees go weak. I looked away from him, focusing my attention on my shoes.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Go on. More the merrier, I guess."

Before he could stand up, I turned on my heels and power walked towards the kitchen.

"Can I know why you're walking so fast?" Camilla panted as she tried to keep up with me.

I looked over my shoulder and my pulse raced when I realized, he was right behind us.

"I'm avoiding him." I muttered.

She snorted. "Good luck with that."

We reached the kitchen counter and it felt like the freaking hunger games, when everyone rushes from their platforms to get their equipment. Camilla gracefully picked up a large bowl of grilled stone salad and a large plate of honey-chipotle glazed flank steak. Only then I realized just how famished I was.