Sweet Things (Guren x PREGNANT Reader)

The apartment was stained in hues of orange and pink, light bursting through the window panes igniting the spacious living room. You basked in the light, the warmth bathing your legs in a soft glow. You lay on the sofa facing the outcrop of the city, safe from harms reach as you read the book firmly grasped in your fingers, the rustle of the paper and the steady heartbeat of the clock being the only sound travelling through the room. The book in your hands was propped up against your stomach and beheld to be a useful prop for items such as food and drinks (as you had found out in the past couple of months).

The summer dress you wore stopped promptly before your bare feet, the silky fabric soothing your aching body as you pause at the next chapter, placing the bookmark in-between the pages. With a huff you prop yourself up on the couch, straining to place the valuable item on the coffee table beside you as your eyes flick up beneath lowered brows to glance at the clock, showing the time to be only 6:57pm. 3 minutes before your husband arrived. With a quick calculation you push up off the couch steadying your body before padding over to the kitchen to pull out a homemade brownie you’d baked earlier on in the day.

Maternity leave had come around sooner than you had expected, forcing you out of the office only to be sat at home whilst Guren worked his ass off. You couldn’t help but feel that it was unfair and being the stubborn individual, you took on the task of doing Guren’s paperwork. A painful, labouring task as the pile of unfinished reports took up half of his office, but to your own satisfaction it was now a neat pile the height of a ruler of which your doting husband had to sign.

A rustle behind the door told you that your husband had returned precisely when he said he would. The door swung open and closed, a rattle of the lock and loose string of curse words being his first greeting as he turned around to see you in the hallway, a mouthful of the rich chocolate as you muttered “you can’t use that language here you wet wipe.” A roll of the eyes followed by that god damn smirk had you smiling as he strode up to you. He stood an inch away, his hair ticking your cheek as he bent down, kissing your nose.

“nice to see you too (Y/N).”

He lowered himself to his knees, a hand on either side of your pregnant stomach as he leans forward placing a gentle kiss to it. “you too brat” he muttered to himself, earning himself a flick on the head.

Heaving himself to his feet he leans forward, capturing your lips in a welcome home kiss. Though as he pulls away, he too the last half of your brownie from your fingers and shoved it in his mouth.

“You pig! That was mine!”

“mngh-no it wasn’t” he muffled back in response as he lifted you up in his arms, careful of the child you carried before strolling over to the couch you had been sitting on and throwing himself onto it, your body still in his tight grip as he places you beside him. He looked at you with earnest and a sweet smile. “you look beautiful today” he whispered as he looked down at your weary figure. He took in the curves of your body, the way the evening sun illuminated your skin and turned your hair into glowering embers. You looked like an angel to him and he would do well to remind you.

His gaze then drifted to the coffee table beside him where your book still lay. “I brought you that book yesterday… How’ve you almost finished it?” he questions as his brows furrowed in irritation. You innocently look up at him a sweet smile hovering on your lips. “there’s barely anything to do, I finish the tasks I set myself before noon and I know I won’t be able to read as much after she’s born” you mutter with a cheeky smirk.
Guren’s eyes shot to meet your own, his ruffled uniform illuminating his collarbone in the peachy light. “She?” his cheeks flush with colour and his eyes brightened up. You hadn’t seen them that clear since your wedding. A careful hand was placed on your stomach as he loosened a breath, his thumb grazing over your stomach crinkling your floral summer dress. “we’re having a girl” he whispered more to himself than to me. He laughed, a merry, joyful laugh that echoed through the apartment we shared. “thank you so much (Y/N) … for giving me this” he reached up to brush a stray hair out of your face and leant down, capturing your lips in a passionate kiss. “I’ll be the best father; we’ll raise her to be the strongest leader amongst the other brats I teach.”

That earnt a hearty laugh from you as you sat up, one hand propped on your husband’s thigh. “well I’m the only thing here now and your ‘leader’ wants more brownies, so be a dear and fetch them.” With the flick of your wrist Guren was up, but quickly cornered you as he bent down to your level. “only if I get a piece of you later.” That sentence alone caused your face to flush a deep red. The fact that you were pregnant did nothing to deter Guren’s sex drive. Not that you were complaining of course. Yet a squeak was all you could muster along with a nod as he stood to his full height, that playful smirk slapped on his face once again. “very well my queen.”