Chapter Ten

A/N: I'm so sorry guys. I've been so busy the past two weeks that I haven't been able to update.

I had exams, then left on a cruise and didn't have internet connection for a week.

So, in an attempt to reconcile my lack of posting, here is a long chapter for you, and get ready because it's a roller coaster.

Thank you all for all the reads!!!! It means a lot.

Don't be a ghost reader, be sure to comment what your favorite part is!

Love you lots

~Mabel X

-
One month after the night with the Ouija board, Sam got sick. Very sick. He was puking everywhere and no medicine or home remedy Elton and I looked up on the internet could cure him. After two days of the five of us watching Sam dry heave, Elton called the doctor who instructed us to take him to the hospital immediately.

Elton and Colby helped walk Sam out to the car and into the back seat next to me. Aaron climbed into the flat bed of the SUV and Colby climbed in on the other side of me while Corey took the passenger seat and Elton- the driver's seat. Sam rested his head on my shoulder with a groan. I checked the rear view mirror to be sure that Elton wasn't watching us and grabbed Sam's hand, giving it a small squeeze. Goose bumps covered his arms and legs and made his hair stick up. His head was so warm from the fever that it burned the skin on my shoulder. His body was shaking and he let out groans of pain here and there as we drove the crowded streets of LA.

Elton pulled the car into the Emergency Room's parking lot and parked in the first spot he could find. I waited for Corey to get out of the passenger seat and over to our side of the car before opening the door and helping Sam slide out of the car. Slowly, we made our way into the doors of the hospital, then took Sam to a small bench in the corner of the waiting room.

Elton and the other boys went to check us in while I stayed with Sam on the bench as he slumped himself over my lap with a loud groan. I rested one hand on his shoulder while the other was tangled in his hair. He let out a groan again before ruining my leggings and tennis shoes with another round of puke that not only covered me, but a few feet in front of us too.

"Sam..." I said sympathetically, helping him to sit up.

"Kate, I'm sorry." He said, chunks of puke dripping down his chin.

"Uhm, thats okay." I smiled sheepishly, "Im gonna go get something to clean you up." I explained, standing up and helping him to use the wall for support while he was sitting upright.

Once he was situated, I quickly made my way past the boys, who snickered at me when they noticed the brown, chunky slop that was covering the majority of my lower half.
"Don't you dare say a word." I growled, passing Colby who was trying to contain his laughter. I hurried into the bathroom and grabbed some paper towels, wetting a few of them in the sink, then pushed the door open with my backside and ran to Sam who was slumped back over on the bench once again.

"Sam." I said with a sigh, laying the towels down on the bench and, using all my strength, pushed him upright. I used my left hand to steady him and my right to grab one of the wet towels and wipe the drying puke off of his chin, face and neck.

At this point, he was completely unresponsive; eyes closed and mouth gaping open. With a sinking feeling, I realized that this was more serious than we thought and I frantically called out for help. Within seconds, I was surrounded by nurses who pushed me out of the way, and as I tripped over my own two feet, I was sent flying into Elton who threw his arms around me instinctively.