Chapter Twenty-Nine

It's kind of nice to be surrounded by people you love, and people who love you. I Savored every single moment of the Arizona trip, from sleeping on each other in the car, to sneaking into a bowling alley to do an overnight challenge. I don't think I've ever been so close with Elton as I was after the trip, and Sam and I's relationship couldn't have been better. Plus, I was finally getting used to cameras being in my face twenty four seven. For the first time since I had moved in with them, I could believe what Elton said the first day in LA. These boys were actually my hypothetical brothers. We we're a family and nothing could break us up.

"Home sweet home!" I breathed as my duffle bag assisted me in barreling down the front door. I was greeted by the familiar, fluffy white dog and Aaron who wore a video game headset.

"You're home!" He triumphed, meeting each of us with some sort of hug. "It's been a long week and a half without you guys."

"We missed you too, Aaron." Colby snickered as he struggled to drag in his suitcase.

We all began to settle back into the house, with of which came with an enormous mound of Arizonian dirt covered clothes, that was piled up by the laundry room door.

Being the good sister that I am, I courageously decided to tackle the pile, despite the foul smell that lingered beneath each item I picked up. Just as I finished shoving the last piece of clothes I could into the wash, Elton came wandering into the kitchen.

"So, what'd you think of your first trip with the guys?" He asked, slinging a limp arm around my shoulder.

I grinned from ear to ear, removed his arm from my shoulder and moved to the kitchen. "It was awesome, Elton, It really was."

Elton matched my smile and nodded his head, "I'm glad, and I'm also really, really happy we got to reconnect after all these years." He pointed out. He'd never sounded so genuine before.

"Oh, yeah, me too." I agreed. My hunger forced me to the fridge and I greedily searched for something to eat. "Seriously, I don't think I ever thanked you for letting me move in." I said, my face buried in the cool air of the refrigerator as I realized we were as bare as Mother Hubbard's Cupboard.

"What are you looking for?" Elton asked, clearly trying to avoid the subject. He didn't like the sentimental shit, and I could tell.

"Food, but I guess no one's gone food shopping in forever. Sooo, I guess, unfortunately, we have to eat out." I jeered, sarcasm evident in my voice.

"Wow, sounds like you're so upset." Elton growled, a smirk on his face. "Boys! If you want food, meet us outside!" he shouted, then led the way to the front door.

Within seconds, a herd of hungry boy's footsteps came pounding down the stairs and out into the driveway.

"Where are we going?" One of them asked.

A few ideas were tossed around, but we ultimately decided on going back to O'Brian's again.

"No cheese sticks this time!" Colby warned, waving a finger in my face.

"Darn! I was looking forward to having another allergic reaction." I said and Elton frowned at me.

I sheepishly climbed into the car and pulled my sleeves over my hands as the rest of them climbed in behind me. Elton's stereo blared music so loud that it made the entire car vibrate with the bass. I watched the scenery pass by and occasionally joined into the boy's conversation and my fingers fiddled with Sam's sweatshirt sleeve.

Once we finally arrived to O'Brian's, I hopped out of the car with Sam to get a table while the rest of the boys parked the car in one of the busy LA parking lots. Inside of the restaurant was bustling with people and smelled strongly of beer and "hangover food" as Sam called it. The hostess sat us the very back of the restaurant at a large circular booth.