Chapter Thirty

A/N: Okay guys this is crazy!! We're already on chapter thirty!! It feels like I just started this book, but here we are. Anyway, I hope you all have been enjoying the book so far, and don't forget!! Dont be a silent reader!!! tell me what you think!

-

I felt the coolness of the metal zipper cling to my leg as I zipped up my velvet boots. David walked through my bedroom door brandishing his car keys. "Woah-ho" He gasped, staring at my outfit, "You sure Elton's going to let you go out like that?" David asked.

"Yeah, Kate. The more I think about it the more I feel like you should change. I don't want you to get in trouble." Liza said, worry spread across her face.

"You guys, everything will be fine. I'll put the jacket on before we leave and I'll take it off when we get there. It's no big deal, seriously." I groaned, rubbing my hands on my skirt.

Liza and David looked at each other, "Kate I really don't think-"

"Liza, you said yourself that I looked really good. Its my first LA party remember? What happened to fun and sexy?" I asked.

"Yeah...Fun and sexy, not...sexual." David said awkwardly, "What if Elton catches you?"

I rolled my eyes, "He won't because you two aren't going to tell him." I smirked, sliding the sweater over my head and pulling it down to cover my outfit. "Let's go!" I said, curling my finger towards me as I backed out the door with a chuckle. Liza and David followed reluctantly behind me.

At the bottom of the steps I was greeted by Elton who continued to warn me over and over again to be careful.

"Elty, I'll be fine. Trust me. I have David and Liza and I heard Brennen might be there. Don't worry about me." I said and patted his shoulder. This outfit gave me new levels of confidence and I was loving it.

After giving Sam a kiss goodbye, Liza and I made our way outside as Elton and David talked. "Have you ever drank before?" Liza asked as she leaned up against the car. I shook my head. "Oh, well just be careful because one can turn into ten and trust me, a girl our size can not handle ten drinks without a massive hangover...and you do not want a hangover." She said, seeming almost scarred from past experiences. "There was this one time that I was in bed for three days after I got too drunk because I puked so much I got dehydrated."

"Wow," I said,"I'm probably going to just have one or two."

We finally made it to the party after a short drive and another safety speech from Elton. It made me laugh about how overprotective he was when I was not with him and then how reckless he was when I was with him.

David and Liza led me into an enormous apartment building in the heart of downtown LA. Already the halls we bustling with people and the closer we got to the apartment, the busier it got. From the elevator, I could hear the rumbling of the party speakers and the shouts of drunk people and as we neared the room the smell of alcohol lingered in the air. I felt a wave of worry surge through my body. I didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't LA; I was Ohio. I didn't go to parties like this ever, I didn't know why I thought I could do this without Elton.

"Liza," I said as my fingers gripped her arm, "I can't do this." I whispered as David joined the conversation.

She just smiled and patted my shoulder, "Kate, It's not scary. I promise."

"Yeah, everyone will love you!" David added, "Come on." He said gently prodding me along.

I tried to protest but decided it was no use and reluctantly headed into the party. After about a million introductions, I decided to take a break and sat alone on a chair in a corner, pretending to drink the drink David made for me. Five minutes turned into forty minutes and along came the Heath guy I met at the restaurant.