Chapter Twenty

Almost 3,000 views, and then an announcement!! Ahhh!! so excited!!

-

I sat miserably in my fourth bell math class as I tried to distract myself from the pounding headache that made my vision go blurry and my hands shake. I regretted coming back to school against Elton's advice, but was glad that I could be here for Jacob now. I smiled while I stared at him as he sat in front of me, and took notes that our teacher, Mr.Malley wrote on the board. I pressed my finger against the writing on the back of his shirt and began to trace the letters in attempt to stop the throbbing of my headache.

Jacob slightly turned his head to face me, gave a small smile, then turned back to his notes. I continued to trace the letters and propped my head up on my hand as I counted the minutes until the bell was over. It was only 2:15, which meant I still had forty minutes left of class. and they dragged on forever. By the time the bell rang, I had traced all of the letters on his shirt ten times, and moved on to coloring the circles of the letters in my notes. I stood up and ran out of the classroom as fast as I could, ran down the hallway and threw open my locker after fiddling with the padlock for several seconds I switched my books around and slung my backpack back over my shoulder. I closed my locker, and found Jacob walking towards me, nostrils flared and face scrunched up as he fumed with anger.

My heart began to beat quickly as he approached me, his muscular hand reached out and wrapped around my arm just below the elbow, "What the hell, Katelin? You couldn't even wait for me to get my shit together before you bolted out of the fricken' classroom like a bat out of hell? Are you kidding me right now?" he grunted, and released my arm from his grip. "I spend all my time loving you, and you know what you give me in return? Nothing! and I'm sick of it Kate, I am!"

The corners of my eyes stung with stears, guilt filled my body limb by limb and I lowered my head in humiliation. I could feel the bystanders eyes on us, and the more and more he yelled, the more my eyes welled with tears, "I-i'm sorry." I choked out, looking up at him with sad puppydog eyes.

"I'm sowwy" he mimicked, throwing his hands in the air, "Ah, to hell you are!" he said, banging a fist into my locker. "let's go." He growled, wrapped his fingers around my wrist and dragged me away from the crowds of people, to the library where the only person that could be seen was the librarian's assistant, Shay Carlson, A Freshman with ratty pigtails and sideburns.

He finally let go of me once we reached a table in the far corner of the library, and I could feel the blood rushing back to my wrist which made it throb in pain. I pulled my wrist to my chest and rubbed it nervously. "Jacob, I'm sorr-"

"Shut up! okay, Just shush for five seconds." he barked, but in a hushed tone, so as to not tip off Shay that we were in an argument. "We're dating, Kate. We should be together all the time, okay? First with you not wanting me to meet your brother, and now with you running out on me after class, I won't stand for it. You either listen to me, and things will be fine, or you don't, but that means we can't be together anymore. I just want what's best for you and doing what I say is the only way I can insure that. Understand?"

I nodded my head, slightly, and felt my hands tremble in fear. He smiled and pulled me into a hug, "Good, I love you, baby." He said, resting his chin on my head.

"I-I love you too..." I sighed, unsure of what to say.

-

Corey picked me up that day on his way home from the dance studio and drove me back to the house. He tried to talk to me, but I wasn't in the mood for talking, so the ride was mainly him going on about his girlfriend, Devyn, and how great she was and how I needed to meet her (to which I agreed, but went back to staring blankly out the window, watching house after similar house pass by.)

When we reached the house, I walked right in and up to my room, shut the door behind me and collapsed onto the ground as I burst into tears. I pulled the collar of my sweatshirt up to my mouth and breathed into it to muffle the sound of my cries. My legs were pulled to my chest and my back was against the door, my head rested on my knee caps as a few straggler tears slipped down my cheek. I wondered how I got myself into this mess, This couldn't be what a relationship should be like, It was only a few days in and already I was in tears. At that moment I wasn't sure whether I loved Jacob or despised him completely. He was so nice at first, and now he made me feel bad all the time.

I wished I could go back home where everything was normal; because let's face it...This was not normal. Most sixteen year old girls don't live with their brother and his five roommates, or go to a school and within a few weeks find a boyfriend and become one of the most well known girls in school. Most girls my age go to parties and unwillingly hang with their families on Sundays and fight with their Mom's on what outfit to wear for picture day.But I had none of that.

Suddenly Los Angeles seemed so small, almost fake, like this world that society created to be perfect. Everything was the same here; even the houses were the same. All the teenagers wore practically the same clothes from the same brands. Their hair was dyed the same, their makeup was the same, their shoes looked alike. Everyone was invested in being just like their neighbor, as if for one second if things were different, their life would be totally ruined. I wanted something new and exciting because all I was getting right now was copy after copy of the exact same thing.