Chapter 3 - Healing

This chapter is dedicated to Haru-Nari8! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatsuo pov:

I frowned slightly as I looked over Ren from where I sat beside him. I recalled everything that had happened since Ren and I left the Uchiha Compound to fight in the war – the battle against the men of a weak clan who were trying to sneak into our territory, the Senju's surprise attack and finally Ren getting injured. I was terrified when I saw the blood that spurted out of the gash on his torso and saw him lose consciousness in the middle of the battlefield. I was afraid that I would lose him because I wouldn't be able to get someone to help him in time. More and more Senju kept turning up giving me not even a single chance to take Ren to safety.

In fact, I had almost given up all hope because I hadn't found a medical ninja when I needed one most. Stumbling upon this insignificant non ninja village where I figured that I would find nothing more than a simple healer, I was almost certain that Ren would die. The anger I had towards the Senju had reached its peak and I was already thinking of ways I could make them suffer for the losses they caused to those of my clan and to me, personally.

But an old man I had met just as I entered this village had given me directions to this house. He had told me that their healer was exceptionally skilled, going to the extent of being known by the name 'Goddess of Healing'. He had confidently said that there was absolutely no illness or injury that she couldn't heal and Ren could be saved.

I hadn't believed it initially. There was no way a simple healer would have skills to treat injuries that even highly skilled medical ninja couldn't treat. It was all the more unbelievable because too much time had passed since Ren had suffered the injury and he had lost a lot of blood. With the turbulence in his chakra and the paleness of his completion, I couldn't imagine any way for him to be saved.

I had summoned a little hope though and decided to give this healer a try because I had no other choice at that moment. I had assumed that Ren could be given some basic first aid that would ensure his survival until I got him to a medical ninja for proper treatment. However, the last bit of hope I had had crumbled when I saw that the healer was blind.

Much to my surprise, she had treated Ren's wound easily – like it was something she had treated many times before. She had first used a medicine to get the poison out of his body and then she had then wrapped up the wound after slathering another type of salve on it. The blue coloring below Ren's eyes that was an indication of being poisoned had disappeared and his complexion had partially returned to normal. Ren was completely alright – or rather, he was going to completely alright.

But how was it possible that no one from the Uchiha Clan had ever heard of this girl? If she was so famous, even going to the extent of having such a flashy nickname, why didn't we know about it before? Was it because we hadn't come to this part of the battlefield much? Or perhaps we were foolishly being ignorant because we always preferred medical ninjas over healers?

"Um, Sir? Could you please follow me?" The girl asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hn." I responded flatly and stood up.

She gave a chaste nod and turned around to walk away. I followed her, watching keenly as she felt the walls to guide herself through the house. I suppose she had been living here for a long time because she could gauge distances and the paths she took to walk like it was the most natural thing to do. A few steps later, we arrived in a room and the girl stopped walking.

"Your son should regain consciousness and be able to move by morning. The herbs I have put on his wound before bandaging it are very effective in closing up even very deep wounds overnight. But I guess he will still be a little tired from the blood loss. We have some spare mattresses, blankets and pillows in this room and you should use them to rest for the night while your son recuperates." She said with a smile.