Chapter 18 - New Experiences

Akina pov:

"M-Madara sama...." I said airily.

I couldn't look away from his dark eyes that held such power and dominance yet reflected the truly gentle person he was inside. Upon seeing me though, his eyes went slightly wide in surprise. He was about to get up swiftly but he remembered that Hiro was still asleep on his leg. He let out a deep breath to regain some composure while moving Hiro off of his lap gently, without waking him, and hurried to stand in front of me. I looked up at his worried face, tracing his handsome features with my new found sight, but tensed when he cupped my face with one hand and held my shoulder firmly with the other. He looked over my face while rubbing my cheek with his thumb, his eyes swirling with an emotion I couldn't understand.

"Akina, you're awake. Are you alright?" He asked.

My eyes stung and I blinked back the tears that threatened to escape as I placed my hand on top of his that was on my cheek. I nodded with a smile but Madara sama's eyes only got dark in anger. He cursed under his breath before letting go of my face and yanking me forward into a strong embrace. He held me to his chest tightly, but not hard enough to hurt me in any way, and placed a hand on the back of my head in a tenderly affectionate gesture. I closed my eyes and grasped his clothes immediately, relishing the comfort and safety I felt in his arms. They were just as blissful I remember them to be.

"I am yet to comprehend the fact that Himeko actually gave you away to them. That wench not only betrayed the clan but put my woman in danger....and the b******* of that clan....tch!!" Madara sama muttered furiously while tightening his hold on me a bit.

My heart skipped a beat at the possessiveness in his voice when he called me his woman – it was strange and at the same time heartwarming. I couldn't help but smile wider and bury my face in his chest while letting a few embarrassing tears escape.

"I'm sorry, Madara sama, for causing you trouble." I said softly only to be pushed away from him. He was looking at me with a displeased frown and it made me a little nervous.

This was the first time I was seeing any person's expression and, to be honest, Madara sama looked a little intimidating right now. It's not that I doubted his feelings or concern for me but he was so much bigger than me, taller and broader and muscular than what I had imagined him to be, and he looked stern and overwhelming. His dark eyes seemed to look into my very soul – he was searching for something in my eyes and it made me feel uncomfortable. I looked away from his absorbing gaze and bit my lip as I waited in anticipation.

"You can see." Madara sama finally said instead of responding to my comment. It was a statement of observation rather than a question to me.

"Y-yes Madara sama. I can see now...." I said timidly."The Akimizu Clan released the Senjutsu seal that was preventing me from seeing."

Madara sama twitched at the mention of the Akimizu Clan – I was certain that he felt irked just by hearing the name. Unsure of what to do or say next, I bit my lip and kept my eyes on the floor as I waited for him to speak and break the tense silence.

"You have no reason to apologize, Akina." Madara sama said after a few moments and I looked at him through my lashes. "The one responsible for these recent events will be dealt with soon and you are to resume your duties as our healer. Or would you feel better with a few more days of rest?"

I blushed when he ran his fingers though my open hair while looking over me. He gave a playful smile at my reaction to his gesture and it only encouraged him to cup my cheek again and bring his face close to mine to fluster me more. He came so close that his lips brushed against mine in a feather light touch and I was so sure that there would be steam coming out of my ears. It was when we heard someone clear their throat that I tensed and stumbled back, taking a few steps away from Madara sama and saving myself from further fluster.