Chapter 13

Alice pov

"Alice help me please." Alexis groaned, we were in the library doing research on the other wolf pack.

"Alexis, atleast try and read there has to be something you can find." I said while putting book back on the shelf.

"It's not fair! Damian is making do all the this research without a break."

It has been two days since Tanner and Macy were found. Damian is having everybody train, work, and do research.

Damian is constantly asking me to keep minding my own business, but I have been going behind his back, staying up late the past two nights with Alexis. It is almost impossible to find anything, there are arches upon arches of books it's impossible to analyze every last one.

Damian has been out having meetings with other neighboring packs. He's been staying in his office all day and night working. He won't go to sleep either, and he refuses to eat.

"I honestly think whatever Damian is looking for won't be found in a book."

"Alexis, Damian is just trying his best. He hates that Tanner nd Marcy suffered the way they did, he just wants to make sure this doesn't happen to any other pack members." I said."

"Alice, he gets angry over the slightest mistakes." She complained "And plus he's always purposely separating Luke and I."

"I'm sorry, if only there was something I could do." Alexis eyes for really big as if a light bulb went off in her head.

"I have an idea." Oh god "Alice your his mate, Damian will only listen to you and only you." She smirked.

"Are you crazy, he barely listens to me now what makes you think tonight will be different..." I paused, Alexis might be right. "Alexis your right, I think I'm going to do is help him relax a little bit. To take so stress of his shoulders."

"Oh so your going to have some sexy time with him I'm sure he'll enjoy that."

"Hell will freeze over before I have sex with Damian, I'm just going to talk to him for awhile." I said "So...have fun reading by yourself."

"I'll probably die before I start having fun see you later Alice."

While I was walking to his office, I was thinking about how I'm going to get Damian to take a break. The only thing I can think of is bringing him diner. But he will refuse to eat, maybe I should just go in and talk to him.

I made it to his door and knocked three times. I waited for an answer but there was nothing. So I knocked again still no answer, I decided to put my ear up to the door. It sounded like he was talking to someone. Maybe he's talking to himself.

So I knocked again hoping to get a response. "WHAT I'M ON THE PHONE." Damian yelled from the other side.

"Damian, it's Alice I...I just want to talk to you." I waited for his response.

All of a sudden he opened the door and gestured for me to come in. He didn't make eye contact, and the phone was still up to his ear. Damian moved away from me while I stood at the door way. He sat at his desk, I couldn't hear the conversation and I didn't dare to ask after.

Damian had a really angry tone towards whoever he was on the phone with. "I'll call you back later I have other things to take care of ." He said while looking at me. Once he hung up the phone I took a deep breath.

"So... How's everything going." I asked

"Since when did you start caring about me." Wow and just when I thought Damian and I were getting along.