Chapter 24: Protect Her

"Once the child is scard there is no protecting them from the world."

             - O'Brien

~~~~~~~~~~

Damian's POV

I knew the moment I saw her face, she had faced the monster that is my father earlier in her life. And I can't help but feel partially responsible for her past suffering, even though I had no control over her past situation before she came to live here with Alice and I. Just knowing he had potentially hurt this innocent child broke me, both anger and sadness wash over me in this moment. Now there is no way I can protect Bonnie from the horrors of Charles Knight, she has already been exposed to him and there is nothing I can do to change what damage has already been done.

"Damian it seems you've been hiding a grandchild from me. How long have you and Alice been together exactly, cause I don't remember this cutie running around the last Harvest." Charles breaks the silence. And as soon as the words left his mouth, tears gather in Bonnie's eyes and she runs to hide behind my legs. I look over to see Alice is glaring at Charles and seem like she ready to kill the man, and that is an expression I have never seen on her face before. Charles seems contempt with his last comment, knowing I in fact didn't have a secret child. It was obvious that Bonnie some how ended up in his care previously.

I bend down to pick Bonnie up to give her some sense of comfort in the moment, it was the least I could do right now. She immediately wraps her arms around my neck and clings to me for dear life. I have no choice but lead these two to the living room where they can sit and wait till I can find somebody to escort them to guest room. It may be a bad idea to let your potential enemy into your home but I have no choice but to keep them here till the Moon Harvest.

"Alice take Bonnie upstairs. I'm going to take Charles and Connor to the living room and allow them to get comfortable while I get two rooms prepared." A wild expression made it's way to Alice's face, I could tell she wasn't to excited about allowing those two to stay in the house. But for now it is our only option.

"Damian you can't be serious. Have you lost you mi-"

"Alice take Bonnie upstairs now." I demand. I hate having to order her around but she was ready to fight me on this, and that is the last thing we need at the moment. She reluctantly takes Bonnie and heads out the kitchen. As soon as they are out of site, I signal for Charles and Connor to follow me to their designated waiting area, unfortunately for them they will have to deal with a very musical princess move for the time being.

"So you going to tell me when you decided to grace me with a grandchild." Charles pipes up again.

"That's none of your business." I state plainly. Charles sit down and Connor strolls over to a corner of the room, deciding to lean on the nearest wall.

"Oh please! Don't try to deny it, I know you are just dying to tell me all about my newly found granddaughter. I have to say, I'm impressed you hide her from me for this long,-"

"That's enough! Talk about her one more time and I'll fucking kill you." I snap. these two are driving me to insanity, I already had enough to deal with now I have to keep an eye out for two lunatics.

"Damian! I got word that Abel-" Luke! Thank the Moon Goddess for Luke, I finally have somebody who can watch them while I find George and Sebastian.

"What the fuck is he doing here." Luke growls out glaring at Charles then shifting to the man in the corner of the room.

"Luke, I need you to stay with them till their rooms are prepared. Also call for Alexis to keep you company, she tends to have a better ability to keep guest entertained more than you." I quickly state, hoping Luke won't question me on this matter. And luckily he didn't, I can tell he quickly assessed the situation and figured that keeping them here is the bets option we have for now.