Chapter 12

Grace's Point of View:

I saw Andrew sitting on my bed with a smirk.

"So let's complete what we left in that car," he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my flushed face.

"I am here to kiss you," he smirked. Butterflies filled my stomach.

Gosh! That was so blunt. I don't want to kiss him. I can't kiss someone whom I don't like. I don't like him...

"No!" I said.

He stood from the bed and started walking towards me. He was walking towards me with a smile. I felt a deja vu. I took a step back and my breath hitched.

He was in front of me. My heart was racing. I don't wanna get beaten. No. I tried to hid my face in my hands. I started shivering.

The images of my mom slapping and punching me came into my mind. I started breathing heavily. Tears flowed out of my eyes. What was happening?

"GRACE!" someone placed their hands on my shoulder.

"P-Please don't beat me," I said in my cries.

I was pulled into someone's chest. My tears didn't stop. I cried a lot. But I was feeling safe in this embrace. I wanted to pour out everything which I have suffered since my birth. I closed my eyes.

"I already told you... I'll never hurt you..." I heard Andrew's voice. I hiccupped and opened my eyes and saw Andrew's pained face.

His brows were snapped together. I saw an emotion in his eyes which I couldn't decipher.

His lips brushed my forehead, and shivers passed through me. I closed my eyes and hid my face in his chest to hide my blush.

---

Third Person's Point of View: 

Andrew walked down the corridor, gritting his teeth. His face was red. 

"Andrew! Have you asked her out yet?" Katherine came out of nowhere.

He groaned loudly. 

"What happened? Did you both fight or something?" She frowned. 

"No... the magical soul link made me do an embarrassing thing. Grace is probably thinking I am a pervert or something." He sighed.

Katherine laughed and said, "You are in denial too! Stop denying and start living!" 

He didn't reply. 

"What did you do, though?" She looked at him curiously. 

"I didn't even know what I was doing. It was like the soul link put me in a weird trance. I went to her room and sat there in darkness until she came. And then I told her that I was there because I wanted to kiss her."

Andrew regretted telling her that. He was relieved that he didn't tell Katherine about what he did in the car. He shook his head and thought 'Man, it's one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.'

"Oh boy," Katherine patted his shoulder, walking away.

"I hate the magical link," Andrew murmured to himself.

The images of Grace crying in his arms came into his mind. He felt sad remembering that. 

'Why is she so scared?' he thought, looking at the moon.