Chapter 40

Grace's Point of View:

"Milorad Wincarian was my best friend," Valia said, making everyone in the room gasp.

My jaw dropped. Lord Darkness' was his best friend?! Oh, my freaking goodness!

The council members in the room started murmuring.

With my wide eyes, I looked at Valia. He might know so much about Lord Darkness. What does he even look like?

Valia had a glass of red liquid in his hand. Most probably blood.

"The meeting is adjourned," Valia said, and the council members started leaving with frowns on their faces.

"I wonder why the meeting ended so early today," Gratala said, while we walked towards the door.

"Miss Wincarian, I'd like to talk to you about some things," Valia said and stood up from his chair.

"Is it okay, Madam Wincarian?" he asked Gratala.

She nodded.

"I'll wait for you outside," she whispered and exited the room.

"Would you like to have some fresh human blood, Miss Wincarian?" Valia offered me a glass.

My eyes went wide. No way! I can never drink that. Gross.

"No, thanks. And you can call me Grace," I said.

Valia smiled and took a sip of blood.

"This is the first time someone declined human blood. Vampires crave human blood the most, Grace. What kind of blood do you like?" Valia said and sat on the chair.

He gestured me to sit.

"I don't drink blood, Mr. Valia," I sat on a chair.

"Hmm, that's very peculiar for a vampire, Grace. Call me Valia," he said.

"I have the gift of not needing to drink blood. I don't have fangs," I said.

Why is he asking me all this?

He looked in my eyes with excitement.

"I think you'd like to know more about Lord Darkness, don't you?" He asked.

"Yes!"

My eyes lit up. I wanted to know more about him. How did Milorad Wincarian turn into Lord Darkness?

"Okay, then let's teleport," he said.

Before I could ask where we were gonna teleport, I found myself standing near a vast lake. Its water was black colored. The trees in this place were dead.

I shuddered seeing skeletons everywhere.

The wind was blowing so fast. It was lightning all around this place. It's gonna rain very badly here.

"Where are we?" I said.

I was frightened. This place doesn't seem good at all.

"This is the place where the battle of Serup happened some thousand years ago. This lake is called the Lake of Death," Valia pointed his finger to the lake.

"Oh, okay."

"An army of 10,000 men were here to fight Lord Darkness. Lord Darkness stood in front of us. He was alone. We thought it was the end of him, but we were wrong."

"He was alone, Valia? He didn't bring his army?" I asked.

"Yes, he didn't bring his army. He came alone," he said.