Chapter 32

Grace's Point of View:  

"What the heck are you saying, Flower!?" I said, with my wide eyes.

"Grace, everything will change if you don't do anything. Lord Darkness is back in the world," Flower said, with a frown on her face making my jaw drop on the floor.

"Open the window, my child," she instructed.

I nodded and pulled the curtains away. My heart started pounding looking out of the window.

With a gasp, I opened the window. The sky was no longer blue colored, it had turned red. Crows filled the sky. The air was moving as if it was running away from something. The sun hid behind the curtain of clouds.

Blood drained from my face. What the actual hell!? How is this possible?

I turned my face towards Flower, with a fearful face.

"I told you, young lady, everything will change," she sighed, "we are moving towards hard times... again."

This is so unbelievable!

"But, Flower, how am I supposed to destroy Lord Darkness? I'm nothing but a weakling—I can't do anything. I am pathetic, I couldn't even stand up for myself when I was getting bullied in school," I said, dropping my head with tears in my eyes.

"My so-called parents in the human world told me so many things like how worthless I am, and disgusting and good for nothing. And you know, I do know what they told me was the truth,

"How couldn't it be the truth? I am sure these were the reasons my real parents left me. Now I do think that every slap I got, every abuse, all the bullying—I deserved it. At last, everyone leaves me."

"No, my child, no. Please stop thinking like that. You are just self-sabotaging yourself," Flower said, and stood near me.

"Look towards me, Grace."

I reluctantly looked towards her, I was feeling so disgusted with myself.

"When you think you can't do something then you'd never be able to do it. Strength is in your mind. This world is a mind game; and you are the most amazing and strong person I've ever met. I'm never going to leave you or abandon you," she said looking in my eyes.

"I love you," Flower tried to kiss my forehead but she couldn't as she is a spirit.

I didn't say anything, we were both silent.

"Sooooooo how's Andrew?" Flower asked. A smile formed on my face thinking about him.

"He's great."

"He's perfect for you, you got a hot guy, huh," Flower giggled.

"Yeah," I laughed.

"I met your grandpa after so many years in the spirit world, I burst in tears meeting him." Flower had a dreamy look on her face.

"Aww. What's his name?" I asked.

"Tobias," she said, with a smile.

"Sadly, even he doesn't remember my name, no one does, not even me," Flower said, with an expressionless face.

"Huh? Your name is Flower, I remember it," my brows snapped together.

"That's something people started calling me after they forgot my name because of the curse," she sighed.

Oh, my goodness.

"What curse?" I asked.

"Gratala's curse," she said.