21: Death

Lilith's POV:

 I walk up to the loft, and walk in. It was the same as always, but it felt a bit different. I walk into the living room. "Hey Lil." I jump, and see Mom. "Oh hey." I say. "You scared me." I chuckle. "What are you here for?" She asks, looking at me. "Um, Daniel is on a business trip, and I was wondering if I could stay here for a few days." I ask, rubbing my neck.

 "Ya, you can stay here anytime." She says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asks. "Ya, I'm fine." I lie. "I'm going to go get a few things, I'll be right back." I say. I turn on my heels, and walk out of the Loft.

 When I get down stairs, by Chip's stall, I collapse, and start to cry. Tears stream down from my face, and I can't stop it. I sit there for a few, just crying, I cry until my eyes are red, swollen, and dry. 

 I finish crying, and I walk to my truck. I get in and start to drive to my house, my eyes wanting to cry, but still too dry to do so.

 I finally get to my house, I feel a bit better, but not much. I get out of the car, and go to get some things. I grab a few outfits, and a few other things. I get back in the truck, and drive back into HeartLand.

 I bring my stuff up to the loft, and to my old room, that is now a guest room. The sheets are a cream color, and the walls are a grey.

 I set my stuff down, and put my cloths into the closet on hangers. "Hey." Mom knocks on the door, and sits on the bed next to me. I sit criss crossed,and put a pillow on my legs. 

 "Lil, whats up with you?" She asks, looking up. "Nothing..." I lie, looking down. "Lilith." Mom lifts my chin. "What is wrong?" She asks again. "Last week, I woke up sick, almost every day. I took a pregnancy test, and it came back positive. I told Daniel, and we went to the doctor's. He told us that... that it was a miscarriage." I cry.

 "Oh Lil." Mom hugs me. "I only knew one day, but it feels like, like the baby... Like it was a part of the family." I start. "It was the happiest moment of my life." I collapse in Mom's arms.