Chapter 1

Ariel was on her way to lunch until she saw Harold Hutchins. One of her crushes in the entire school. She had walked by shyly and quietly hoping her wouldn't see her. Luckily he didn't see her. Relieved, she walked in and sat at her table. No one sat by her, but she was ok with it. Well, that is until Melvin grabbed his lunch and sat by her. She looked at him and felt her face heat up. Melvin Sneedly, her other crush in the school.

"Hi Ariel."

She grabbed her notepad and pen. 'Hey Melvin.'

"Why aren't you sitting with everyone else? Aren't you alone?"

'No. I love sitting by myself. It feels nice.'

"Is it all right if I sit over here with you at least?"

'Yes. Just try no to disturb my reading please.' Ariel smiled and looked up at him.

Melvin smiled in return. "Okay Ariel."

Music has started playing in the Cafeteria and kids started dancing. It was Werid Al music. That could only mean it was George and Harold up to this. Melvin rolled his eyes as he looked at them.

'Melvin, why are you looking at them like that?'

"They're just annoy me so much. I don't hate them though."

Ariel smiled, but it was barely noticeable. She had loved when Harold would dance too. It's something that made Ariel think about happy thoughts. Harold saw her and he waved at her and continued dancing. Ariel had to put her head down so she could hide her face. Mr. Krupp had heard the music and walked in the cafeteria then turned the music off. Everyone looked at him and so did his daughter.

"You two to my office right now! The rest of you continue your lunch!"

George and Harold had started walking to his office. Ariel had felt bad and grabbed her notepad. Melvin smiled when the two were taken to the office. He looked at Ariel and saw her writing something.

'I'm gonna go.'

"Okay. If you want to talk to anyone. I'm here." He smiled at her as she left with her things. Man she's cute, he thought.

Ariel had acted like she was going to class in front of teachers and really sneaked to her dads office. She had wanted to help George and Harold. They were just having fun... that's what a kid does! She had snuck into his office quietly.

Harold saw her and looked over at her. Ariel tried to tell him to not say anything and it worked. She got in between the two chairs and looked at her dad. Mr. Krupp stopped yelling and looked at her.

"Ariel, aren't you supposed to be at lunch?"

Ariel nodded and she had wrote down something. 'I need your help with something.'

"Help with what?"

'An art project. I need materials for it.'

"Ok hold on. You two don't go anywhere." He said to the boys sternly as he turned around and started looking for stuff. Ariel gave them a signal towards the door so they could leave. Her dad looked back up and turned around two minutes later to find out they were gone. He growled and Ariel stopped her dad.

"I'm sorry honey. I'll deal with those two later. You go and finish up class." Ariel nodded and left.

After their classes Harold and George saw Ariel at her locker. They walked up to her and she looked at them. George smiled. "Hi Ariel. Is it okay if we ask you a question?"

'Yes.' Ariel wrote and they read.

"So, why did you help us when we were in trouble?" Harold asked.

'Well, you two were just having fun. I figured that you didn't need to get in trouble.'

They grin and look at eachother and back at her. "That was very nice of you. Thank you Ariel."

'No problem.'

An idea popped into George's head. "Hey, what if you become friends with us?"

'Really?'

"Sure." Harold agreed.

She smiled and hugged them both and they hug her back. She then gets her stuff and gets ready to leave.

"Meet us right here tomorrow."

'Okay. Bye boys.'

They left and ran off. Ariel smiled and left home with her dad after school. She was so glad to have new friends. Maybe she could do things with them. Even pranks! The problem is.... what would her dad think? She had waited to see. After all, George and Harold only live one block down from her house.