Chapter 6

It had been two weeks since Ariel has talked to Harold and George. They both were still sad, at least Harold stopped crying. But he was still sad. The two had decided to prank again and see if it would make them better. Ariel had saw the two and rolled her eyes. She could just go and report them to her father, but Melvin put his hand on her shoulder. He was gonna handle this himself.

"Let me handle this. Stay here." He whispered and walked up to them.

George seen Melvin and gave him a small glare. "What do you want?"

"Aren't you happy that you got Ariel to be just your friend?" Harold asked and growled a bit.

"What do you mean? She just came to me after you guys kept a secret from her."

"S-she.... did?"

"Yeah. She told me that you two were getting on her nerves. Ariel was tearing up and crying thinking about what happened with you two! I was just trying to help her!"

George and Harold widen their eyes. They hadn't thought that she went through that much. Melvin scoffed and started to go back to Ariel but he stopped.

"By the way, Ariel had loved her friendship with you two. I could tell......" He walked away before he had teared up.

Melvin took Ariel to the lunchroom and they sat at their table. Ariel sighed and barely ate any of her food.

"I feel kinda bad."

"For what?"

"For being so mean to them. If they just had told me, I wouldn't have been mad."

"Ariel, just try to ignore them. It's not like they would actually care."

Ariel had gave him a look. "You saw how they were."

Melvin was about to say something and then he stopped. He couldn't prove her wrong there. He just didn't want to go through the same thing again. Ariel had started to read one of her books. She hears Weird Al music in the hallway and smiles.

"What are you thinking?"

Ariel got up and went in the hallway. Melvin followed her and saw her dad taking them to his office.

"Melvin, we've gotta help them."

"Ariel I'm not-"

"Please. I beg you."

Melvin looked at her and saw her giving him puppy eyes. "Oh fine. I better not get in trouble."

"You won't. Trust me." Ariel had quietly followed them, being followed by Melvin.

Once the two were in the office Mr. Krupp almost blew his top. Ariel was thinking of a way to get him to turn around long enough for the boys to get away.

"So, how are we gonna get them out?" He whispered.

Ariel looked at Melvin. "Pretend you have no idea what's going on and ask him about some type of paper. He should get it out and turn around long enough for he boys to sneak out."

"Okay." Melvin walks in and pretends to be confused.

"Okay? Um.... Mr. Krupp, may I please have the monthly calander? I had lost my other copy and I need a new one."

Mr. Krupp groans and sighs. He bends down to look for the paper and Melvin points to the door. George and Harold look to see Ariel. They smile and quietly leave the office. When they leave Mr. Krupp looks back up to see that the two are gone. "Not again!" Melvin had took the paper and left.

"Girly?"

"Ari?"

Ariel smirked and looked at them. "Knuckleheads one and two?"

Harold goes up to her and hugs her. Melvin gets jealous and pulls Harold off of her. The two glare at eachother.

"Melvin, why did you help us?"

"I didn't want to. Ariel convinced me to help."

Harold and George look at Ariel waiting for why she did this.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. It's just that people always hide stuff from me and I don't know why. I thought I wasn't your friend anymore for no reason, so that's why I yelled."

"Ari it's fine. We would have told you, but we were afraid you would have beaten us."

"I wouldn't have. I'd be and for a few seconds, but then I'd get over it."

George raised and eyebrow. "So are we still friends?"

"One condition."

"What's that?"

"Whenever something happens you tell me okay."

"Okay."

Melvin backed up awkwardly. "I'll just go."

Ariel looked back and saw Melvin walking away sadly and awkwardly. "Melvin wait. Come here."

"What?"

"Why don't you hangout with us?"

"HUH?!" The three boys said and looked at eachother. Ariel chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Melvin, you'll have friends again. And you two will have more friends than just yourselves or me. So what do you say? You three are friends?"

They look at Ariel and see that she's on her knees and doing the puppy eyes again. Harold looks at George and he nods. Melvin and Harold chuckle and laugh. "You win Ariel. We're friends."

"Yes!"

Melvin smiled as he had his hand behind his back. This wasn't gonna be good for them. Little did Ariel know...... is that Melvin isn't gonna be friends with them.