Chapter 2

The next day Ariel went to school she had seen her friends. They were waiting by their lockers with their stuff. Today was gonna be a big day for Ariel. Harold was gonna help her speak and George was gonna help too. When she got there she had saw the boys and smiled. She waved as they walked to her locker. George nudged Harold and he tapped Ariel's shoulder.

"Ari, are you ready to talk?"

Ariel's eyes widen for two reasons. 1) Harold called her Ari and 2) he asked her that question. Since Ariel didn't know she shrugged and George went in front of her.

"Don't worry Ariel. We'll help. I bet you'll be talking in no time."

Ariel grinned. Harold wrapped an arm on her upper back and George did the same on her left. Melvin was walking in the hall as he saw this. Boy, was he jealous. So jealous that he gave Harold and George death glares for five seconds then walked away. Ariel gave them confused looks. She didn't see Melvin, but Harold and George did because their eyes were wide. The boys decided to take her outside for a bit before class had started.

"Do you like to talk Ariel?"

She shook her head.

"Why?" George asked.

Ariel had started thinking about the car accident her friend was in. She had died. The doctors did everything they could have to help, but she was bleeding to death. Her mom and dad are still alive and they had told her that Annie didn't make the car crash. Ariel had cried for years about it. Now that she's thinking about it again she starts to tear up. Harold sees and hugs her.

"Ari please don't cry. It's ok..... Can you tell us why you're sad?"

George looked down and apologized. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything by it."

Ariel gave George a forgiving look. Harold was still hugging her and George smiled at the sight. Ariel blushed and cleared her throat. After a second Harold stopped hugging her and wiped her tears. George was trying not to let his excitement out so he kept it all in.

Ariel and grabbed her notepad and pencil and wrote down what was wrong. 'My friend, Annie had died 6 years ago in a car accident.'

When the boys read it they had gasped a little. "Really? You're serious?"

Ariel nodded.

"We're here for you Ariel."

"I promise we'll help you through this." Harold said looking her straight in the eyes. Ariel blushed a little and smiled.

The bell rang for class and the three had got to their class.

After the class it was lunch time. Ariel walked out slowly because she was tired.

"You all right girly?"

She nods and smiles at George's nickname for her. She rubs her eyes and gives them a tired look. Harold thought it was cute and walked over to her side. "You want me to help you Ari?"

Ariel got up and they all went to the cafeteria. Melvin was still jealous and he sat by the three at lunch trying to see what they'd do. If George and Harold were going to prank, Melvin was gonna get them this time. Ariel looks at Melvin with a big smile on her face and motions for him to come over. He happily came and sat with them. All of the sudden Ariel had got tired and put her head down then fell fast asleep.

"We should make sure she gets up when lunch is over."

"Great idea. Then she could have a little sleep before recess." George said not trying to talk about their pranks in front of Melvin. They both the knew that Melvin would tell on them if he found out.

Ariel had woke up and remembered something her dad said. 'I'm gonna go and see Mr. Krupp. I'll see you guys later.' She left and the three looked at eachother.

"What on earth are you two trying to do?" Melvin asked.

"Nothing! We just want to help Ariel speak again." Harold said.

"We really should be asking what you're doing." George told Melvin.

Melvin gave them a small glare and left since he was frustrated. George and Harold just roll their eyes. Ariel wasn't gonna be around for the whole day. They just went back to class and pranked every class. Ariel silently laughed when she found out what pranks they did. She was glad that she had friends she could count on. Also that they were funny friends too.